(Closed) 455 MILLION thank yous to write

posted 8 years ago in Etiquette
  • poll: Tacky?
    Yay - stop being a weirdo, haul your butt to Michaels/Target/Walmart and buy some more. : (5 votes)
    11 %
    Nay - Dude, is it REALLY that important that the card actually be a store bought thank you card? : (41 votes)
    89 %
  • Post # 3
    1490 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: December 1969

You don’t need notes that they “thank you” on them. A nice piece of stationery is a truly lovely thing to receive in the mail and I always like the thank you notes better if they don’t come on “thank you” note stationery. Traditionally it was even considered rude to have a preprinted “thankyou” on a card since it implied a insincere, not of-the-moment gratitude. As long as your thank yous aren’t typed on a computer, generic message to everybody, or repurposed wrinkled paper, go for it!

Post # 4
    5755 posts
    Bee Keeper

In all honesty,I’d MUCH rather have a nicely written-morethanthestandard-thank you sent to me on beautiful stationery! There’s nothing worse than getting a tiny Thank You card with the handwriting so small you need magnification to read it!

Do what you want. I’d love it.

Post # 5
    3979 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: January 2012

I think a handwritten note on stationary is SO much better than a card from the $1 bin at Michaels. It’s so much more personal & pretty!

I say save your money & delite the last round of guests with a good old fashioned thank you note 🙂

Post # 6
    1205 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2009

Cheerful is right – traditionally you would use a plain card, or one with your initial on it. Store bought thank you cards are okay and I think they’re acceptable now, but a plain card is fine. I’m not sure what you mean by your name and address embossed on your stationary, but if you think it’s okay and only worry that it doesn’t say thanks on it already, go for it.  (I’m thinking business letterhead? – I would not use that).

Post # 8
    14186 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2009

Holy smokes you made your own thank you cards?!

whoooooaaaaaa. I think the stationary is just fine by the way =]

Post # 9
    7175 posts
    Busy Beekeeper

That is SO cute – BUT – stop killing yourself over them!  Just do plain ol’ notes with a heart-felt message! 

Post # 10
    2205 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2009

If it were me I would go out an buy more (I just HAD to have all matching stationery).  But I think it’s perfectly acceptable to use pretty stationery to thank your friends and family and I don’t think it’s improper at all!

Post # 11
    3576 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

No wonder you’re tired of doing all of those thank you…you made them all!  And they are spectacular!  Very creative.  But stationary is just as good.  Personally I think writing on stationary is a lost art form.  And, I don’t think it’s improper etiquette either. 

Post # 12
    647 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

I think any pretty stationary you find on sale would be just fine, because people will be happy to get a handwritten note.

Post # 13
    298 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

I agree — pretty stationery is definitely fine and lovely to receive. But goodness your thank yous are beautiful!!

Post # 14
    1514 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2009

I think the stationary is fine.  It’s the thank you note that counts.  I LOVE your thank you notes you had.

Post # 15
    990 posts
    Busy bee

That card’s adorabl;e – but seriously – the stationary is just fine! You’re thanking people, and that is very sweet, and they’ll e grateful that you’re diong that!

Post # 16
    4001 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

The thank you card you’d been sending out is really nice but a thank you is a thank you.  As long as its sent, it doesn’t matter where it came from.  I’ve never been concerned with the quality of the thank you card.  Just appreciate getting it.  Which reminds me, I totally didn’t get one from a friend of mine and I’m not happy about it.  Not even a verbal thank you!  I couldn’t make it to her shower in May I missed but sent gifts- no thank you.  Then, knowing that their financial situation was rough, I gave them a crapload of money- still nothing!  Rude…

The topic ‘455 MILLION thank yous to write’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors