48% decline rate so far…

posted 3 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
1248 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

@MsGinkgo:  Oh that sucks 🙁 How many have you invited though? Do you have an ideal number you’d like to reach?

Post # 4
567 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

As long as the people you love the most are coming, the others don’t matter so much. The fewer people who come, the more money you save OR the more you can spread the same amount of money on fewer people–more/better food, etc. 🙂 

Post # 5
2455 posts
Buzzing bee

@MsGinkgo:  I thought it was 48% of your whole guest list!! Glad that’s not the case. Are there a lot of nos from OOT guests? Or is your wedding on a holiday…or Tuesday lol

Post # 8
9137 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

@MsGinkgo:  No’s usually roll in a bit faster than yes’s for some reason.  I had a lot of guests tell me that they thought I knew they were coming so they didn’t feel the need to RSVP right away.

Post # 10
1248 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

@MsGinkgo:  Yeah at first I was sad about some unexpected declines (people getting posted away for work and such) but then when I revisted my budget spreadsheet I was woo hooing inwardly over saving some money, lol. Tomorrow is my RSVP deadline so I am looking forward to harassing the stragglers (grrr) but I think we’ll hit approximately our ideal number of guests in the end.

Post # 11
2052 posts
Buzzing bee

@beachbride1216:  I think part of that is because it’s easier to know if you aren’t going than if you are. If I know I can’t go to something it’s usually right away that I know it, otherwise there is a lot of “can I get there and can I get the time off work” and stuff like that

Post # 12
397 posts
Helper bee

@MsGinkgo:  Just think, less money you have to spend… And, people who *want* to be there, WILL be… Those are the only ones to worry about. 

Post # 13
10986 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

@MsGinkgo:  My experience was that those who could not come generally were among the first guests to respond.  I strongly doubt that these percentages will continue all the way to the end of your response period.

The good news is that the sooner you receive regrets from some guests, the faster you can extend invitations to your B list (if you have one.)

Post # 14
1500 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I think most people who know they can’t come will decline first. I know I do that when I’m an invited guest.

Post # 15
Hostess
3787 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Wow, well it sounds like you’re not surprised so far. Here’s hoping all the RSVPs come back quickly though!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors