(Closed) Not age appropiate?

posted 7 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
1843 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I’ll be 40 in a few weeks and I have 3 bridesmaids over the age of 40.  It matters to me NONE what their appearance is and I am just thrilled to have them involved in my special day. 

Your mistake was asking her to be involved without asking her to specifically play a certain role.  You can try to talk to her, tell her you’d rather her do something else, but honestly, I’d probably be insulted.

Post # 4
8354 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

I am having my baby sister, who is 41 be a BM/MOH, but I am calling her a lady of honor, instead of a BM or MOH. I really don’t think age should be a factor. It is really only a matter of who means the most to you. I agree with @milesbella: that I would also be insulted and I think your friend would be too.

Post # 5
220 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

A little bit off the topic….But on my 19 years old cousin’s wedding my 45years old mom fought for a bride’s bouquet with my cousin’s girlsfriends in their 20s…and actually got it. And then got married in 6 months….I mean sometimes older ladies can be awkward at weddings….

Post # 6
2271 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Well my opinion probably does not count because I turned 50 the day after our wedding. But my MOH was 49. Here’s a pic of us “old biddies”.

Post # 8
584 posts
Busy bee

If you’ve already asked her to be a bridesmaid, I wouldn’t rescind the offer! Just do what you’re comfortable with (what would you do if you weren’t concerned about other peoples’ opinions?). If she’s a good friend and you want her standing with you, age shouldn’t matter.

Post # 9
2385 posts
Buzzing bee

It’s quite common for guys to have their fathers as their best men and no one thinks that looks strange or is unusual. 

The topic ‘Not age appropiate?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors