5 days and counting until…. DOWNTON ABBEY!

posted 3 years ago in United Kingdom
Post # 3
3570 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I am so jealous!  We don’t get it until January but I can’t wait for it to come back! 

Post # 4
10992 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

@MissHoney:  Ahh! I knew it would begin airing in the UK soon, but I forgot all about the fact that I would be interacting with bees from the UK here! 🙂

Oh my gosh — I am going to be so tempted to read any spoiler threads that show up here, haha!

Post # 6
446 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Jealous…..It won’t be showing until January here in the US.  I’m such an addict for this show!

Post # 7
10992 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

@MissHoney:  It airs as a double episode in one evening at the end of the “season” in which it has been airing. 

Post # 8
3625 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@MissHoney:  I am so jealous!! We don’t get it here until this spring. We love that show!

Post # 9
150 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

UGH SO JEALOUS! 

American here… we will be deprived for a few more months. FI and I love Downton Abbey. We even named our puppy Lord Grantham, Earl of Dogshire.

Post # 10
4827 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013 - Upstate NY

@beanowl:  what the heck, really?! Didn’t know it wasn’t on til January!! Wahhhh

Post # 11
3394 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

@MissHoney:  JEALOUS! All these shows are taking entirely too long of a break inbetween seasons. Breaking Bad is finally almost over. The Walking Dead is next up for me. Then Downton Abbey. Game of Thrones will only say sometime in early 2014, but then I have to decide to either pay for HBO again or wait a year for DVD. Yell Anyway, off topic…

The last episode of Season 3 DA made me so angry (and yes I cried). Mary gets on my nerves, but I so wanted everything to work out. And the whole thing with Sybil, also made me cry. Oh Downton Abbey, how you pull my heart strings! 

Post # 12
150 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@jadlnc:  

Yeah, Season 3 made me pretty angry too. I could handle Sybil (so sad but fairly realistic) but Matthew too? I actually screamed “OH COME ON! ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME?!?!” at the TV when Matthew died. 

The producers have joked about getting another character pregnant this season just so all of the fans will flip out and wonder which parent is about to die. 

Post # 13
3394 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

@beanowl:  lol. I screamed at the TV too when Matthew died. And it was so wrong to not only end an episode on that, but also the season! And make us wait forfreakingever for Season 4! Evil Downton Abbey people.

Post # 14
995 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Another American here, impatiently waiting for January. Although, I’m still so angry about Matthew dying, I’m not sure I can get over it.

Post # 15
4072 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

An American here who cheats and watches it all online. 🙂

I’m a Downton Abbey binger though — so I actually wait for a few episodes of the new season to come out, then watch episode after episode until I am caught up. I simply can’t handle waiting a week between episodes!

I SOBBED for 40 minutes when Sybil died. I was stunned at my reaction. I had never acted that way because of a character. I can still get teary-eyed over it. I’ll forever mourn.

Matthew, well, I knew it was coming. In November the actor had talked about going on to things like Broadway, so I wasn’t shocked at his departure, but it was still heartbreaking.

My FI lives about 40 minutes away from Highclere Castle, which is the setting of Downton. I’m so mad I didn’t visit last summer. Once I move there, it will be on the top of my list!

Post # 16
1499 posts
Bumble bee

I don’t wait for the US/Canadian episodes to air, I just download the UK episode a few days after it airs…. heh heh

Also, for those who don’t know, they never meant for Matthew to die. The actors contract was up and he wanted off the show.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors