5 days late, tests are negative

posted 5 months ago in TTC
Post # 2
103 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

I just had this happen to me last cycle, and it was so frustrating not knowing! I ended up getting my period about 8 days late, so I must have ovulated late. All of my other cycles have been regular too since coming off bc in October. You could certainly be pregnant if you ovulated late but just wanted to share one possibility! Good luck!

Post # 3
395 posts
Helper bee

MrsJR919 Since you are not tracking your O date, you cannot be sure your period is actually late. As many say, you are regular until you are not. 

Sorry it is frustrating, but it possible that your ovulation date got pushed back. But, I would recommend testing every other day until AF arrives. You never know.

Post # 4
2093 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

You either ovulated late or haven’t yet, not to say you won’t still get your bfp though!

Post # 7
1453 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

MrsJR919 :  This happen to me about two cycles ago and it really sucks (we weren’t even TTC yet, I was just trying to learn how to track my cycles)! My period has been totally normal since then and idk why that happened that time. Since then I have been temping and charting so I know exactly when I ovulated so I know if I am “late” or if I ovualated late. 

Post # 8
277 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

Such a pain! I had an unexplained 52 day cycle last December. I was going crazy testings and just kept getting BFNs until finally af showed up. The January cycle was a little bit longer than normal too, then the February  was normal, and then I just got a BFP this weekend(!). So don’t let it freak you out too much if it was just one cycle, it doesn’t necessarily mean anything is wrong. 

Post # 10
103 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

MrsJR919 :  not sure yet since I’m still in it! I’m on cd 10 today. Fingers crossed my cycle is not as long this time 🙂

Post # 11
155 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

MrsJR919 :  this happened to me about a month ago i was 7 days late …. Just being stressed thinking that i was pregnant probably delayed my period and then it hit me like a hurricane!!!! just stop thinking about it and sure enough it will come .. Also if your taking any new medications or typical Advil or Aleve that can postpone your period as well…. 

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors