5 Days left! august 17, 2013

posted 3 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
2047 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

lol ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

haha well I’m feeling very overwhelmed ….all my peeps starting arriving today and im so behind. My dad arrived on saturday 12 hours early and it set everything as=kew… Im so excited but Im also feeling like omg im getting married in 4 days…(its almost midnight so it counts lol)

My MOH arrived today and my matron of honor arrives in the morning!

i dont know how im going to survive, I just finshed my place cards, but I need to get things form my mom so I can finish my projects to bring to the florist, pick up my big mirror for the WD, pick up my grooms gift, FG and FB gift…..make ceremony programs, break in shoes

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh im looking at my spreadsheet and freaking out lol…..who else feels like this???

Post # 4
100 posts
Blushing bee

Oh man, my hoard has just arrived. We’ve got family on both sides coming from overseas. We had to rent out another 5 houses to house them all!

It’s just been a ball so far! I’m not nervous, or stressed. Just very VERY excited! We both had our bucks/hens night last weekend and it was the PERFECT time to let go of any wedding-prep stress and just have fun. And GOSH I’M JUST SO EXCITED! 😀

WE CAN DO THIS GIRLS!

Post # 5
901 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Oh gosh – I don’t have to worry about other people until Friday afternoon! Today I have… 

– picked up the suits

– picked up my freshly steamed dress

Only a few things left to do… 🙂

Post # 6
469 posts
Helper bee

Family starts invading on Thursday.  Prezzies started to trickle in last week.  Today I’m calling all the vendors, starting to pack, and cleaning the kitchen.  Have to get a house key cut too, and find bulk cut flower food.  The roses are due in tomorrow, all 192 of them.

Post # 7
295 posts
Helper bee

Ahhhhhh!!!  Crunch time!  i took today off of work to wrap up the last little bit of loose ends (wrapping all the gifts and placing the signs in picture frames!). Had my dress fitting yesterday and really really hated my shoes with the dresses so I quickly ordered and overnighted a different pair and I hope that it arrives in time (its est to be here Thursday!). And just getting our bags packed for our honeymoon which we leave for the Tuesday after our wedding.  My goal is to have everything done before my sis gets in tomorrow afternoon because after that I just want to sit back and enjoy the company!  We’ve got a mani/pedi scheduled for Thursday afternoon then head to New Orleans for the night since all our friends arrived in that night and we have dinner rezos (as much partying as I can as a 5 month pregnant lady hahahaa) then head back to town on Friday to bring the last bit of stuff to our venue and the rest of my familt get into town and then we get ready for rehersal and dinner and then before you know it WEDDING FLIPPING DAY!!!!!!

Post # 8
310 posts
Helper bee

Starting to get really stressed. It doesn’t help that appointments I made months ago to get the finishing touches (facial, hair and nails) done right before the wedding keep falling through! Yikes.

But it’s ok guys. Eye on the prize. We got this.

Post # 9
3813 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

Oh man can’t believe it’s almost here!!!!  I had a great day with my MOH; we were originally going to just venture forth and get manicures and lunch, but we ended up doing both of those plus pedicures and getting our hair cut at my salon (I had to get my bangs fixed, they were acting cray cray).  It was the first ever mani/pedi for the both of us and I gotta say… I didn’t like it that much!!!  I guess what bothered me the most was all the prep work they do on your nails… the cutting all the cuticle/dead skin really freaked me out!!

I also got my dress back from alterations today, it fits so perfectly now!!  Kind of bummed though, part of the skirt part is permanently creased where it shouldn’t be.. not the fault of the alterations lady, but more so due to the dress being packed during shipping from when I bought it.  Oh well, hopefully won’t be too noticeable in pictures :[

Tomorrow we bring all of our diy crap to the venue and hopefully pack for the weekend and the honeymoon!!!

Post # 10
343 posts
Helper bee

The madness is beginning to insue (well started Sunday). I feel like I am swimming in projects and I can’t help but wonder why I didn’t do these things six months ago. And to top it off each project comes with a hiccup of some sort. If it’s not one thing, it’s another.

I am sooooooooo ready for all of this to be over. I want my wedding day to be perfect, but I have developed this ‘I DON’T CARE’ attitude. I just want to be done. 

Post # 11
469 posts
Helper bee

According to FedEx, by 10:30am I will have 192 roses delivered to my doorstep.

Time to mix flower food in massive quantities.  Seems strange that each recipe includes a measure of bleach.

Post # 12
3813 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

@jsanford:  I hope you took a picture of all those flowers!!

We just dropped a pickup truck-worth of stuff at our venue and had our final walkthrough with our event coordinator.  Exciting!!!

Post # 14
901 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

It’s Friday! Trying to pack my bags and check eight million lists so that we leave with everything!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors