(Closed) 5 Days to go and I feel like everything is falling apart!

posted 8 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
2634 posts
Sugar bee

(((hugs)))

Ditch the programs.  No one will care and it’s NOT worth stressing over at this point.

Post # 4
1927 posts
Buzzing bee

Don’t worry about these things!! I promise you on the day of your wedding NONE of this will matter.  Programs are lovely, and we had them and spent tons of time and money on them.. but guess what?  The large majority of them ended up in the trash on the way out the door!  No one else will remember them.  And as far as the seating chart goes people will look at it and think “OK.. I’m at table 8.. now where’s the bar!?”.  Do not let these minor things stress you out, your wedding will be lovely!

Post # 5
67 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I agree.  We’re not doing programs either.  It’s a waste.  The last wedding I went to we all used the program as a fan and then piled them up on a chair after the ceremony.  Waste of money!

Post # 7
5892 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2012

oh hun,

do not worry your pretty little head about these things.  the FEEL of the wedding is so much more important than the type of paper you use for the seating chart (which is really only even glanced at by each person).  concentrate on relaxing and getting into celebratory mode- your energy is so much more important for setting the tone of the wedding. 

Post # 9
5978 posts
Bee Keeper

Programs are definitely nice to have, but really aren’t a necessity. I usually just glance at them to see how long the ceremony is going to be and to read something before the ceremony starts. After that, it gets thrown in the trash. I know this is a detail that you’re really worried about, but I can guarantee that no one is going to look at your programs and think how ugly they are.

I also agree with Moose on the seating chart. I’m more concerned about where the bar and the appetiezers are rather than what a seating board looks like.

Post # 11
5892 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2012

drinking and pampering all week long, for sure!

Post # 13
433 posts
Helper bee

You can always add some sort of embellishment- ribbon, lace, a stamp or a flower or something.. 

Post # 14
1105 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I can guarantee that no one will think the programs are ugly!!!!  They are only going to have them for the ceremony and then they will more than likey end up on the floor where your ceremony is taking place, the trash or they will lose it in their cars.  NO BODY WILL CARE!!!!!  And trust me, the day of your wedding….YOU WON”T CARE EITHER!!!  At the end of the day….you will be husband and wife and that is all that matters!! Hang in there and DON’T STRESS!!:) 

Post # 15
1104 posts
Bumble bee

I understand being disappointed but everyone is right about the programs, no one will care as much as you 🙂

For the seating chart, could you play around with how it is presented somehow? We just printed ours on leftover paper from the invites (it was ivory and a bit shiny) and then stuck them on a corkboard. A very awesome crafty friend used leftover navy satin from the table runners to frame the board (just stuck it over the wood) and fill in some gaps between the pieces of paper. Then we used three leftover silk flowers from my pomander balls in the gaps. It’s amazing what you can do with what’s left over sometimes 🙂 If you don’t have any options like that, *please* don’t worry – people are much more interested in the bar than what the paper is like on the seating chart! In a few weeks’ time you won’t be able to believe you even cared about it, trust me 🙂

Post # 16
240 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

Trust me, come wedding day, neither you or any or your guests will really care what your programs or seating chart look like!!  I know it seems like a big disappointment to you now, but have you ever been to a wedding where you got a program or saw a seating chart and it ‘ruined’ your experience of the wedding for you ;o) All they really want is to see a pretty bride in a pretty dress get married…oh and yeah some free booze and food.  Other than that, it’s all gravy… 

The topic ‘5 Days to go and I feel like everything is falling apart!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors