Post # 1
My wedding is in five days. Five. And I have so much to do. But I woke up this morning, SICK. My head is so stuffed up! I can barely breathe, am so dizzy, and it hurts. Even worse, I can’t take any sudafed at all (I’m allergic) and if I take benadryl, I’ll fall asleep. I don’t have time to sleep – I need to make programs!!!!
1) why am I sick now????? The fates should know that I can’t be sick this week.
2) please please please give me get well soon tips – what can I do to get rid of this cold quickly???
Post # 3
Yikes! What horrible luck!
1) You’re probably sick because you’re stressed/not sleeping/not taking care of yourself.
2) Rest. That’s probably the last thing you want to do right now. But, seriously, take some NyQuil PM and get a good night’s sleep. Get your FH to make the programs. 🙂
Post # 4
Its sounds like you are burntout… it is probably the last thing you want to do but maybe you can relax a bit? take a long bubble bath and relax, you will feel much better after and maybe be even more productive 😉
Post # 5
Idk where you live, but I would find a doctor who will do a vitamin c iv. Check out acam.org to look for alternative medicine practitioners where you live. Good luck!
Post # 6
Go get some vitamin C and zinc, go to the herbal store, and rest today if you can… I got sick about five days before mine, and got better in plenty of time.
Post # 7
Get someone else to do the programs! You need to sleep/rest… that’ll be your best bet for recovering!
Post # 8
Oh no, I’m sorry hun!
Well, you’re sick because you’re stressed out.
You definitely need to rest!!!! I know you have programs to do, but for the first few days you seriously need to rest and drink LOTS and LOTS of fluids.
I have an old remedy my Nana and Mom used to do for when we all would get sick. Put 1 part whiskey, 1 part honey, and 1 part lemon juice into a pot (make sure that all 3 ingredients are equal parts, i.e 1/2 cup), take pot off of stove after it comes to a boil. Let it stand for a minute, then take a shot of this remedy.
OR if you don’t want to do the old remedy, buy lots of pedialyte at your local grocery store. It tastes disgusting, but it really helps to replace your electrolytes!
Post # 9
Maybe try some saline nasal spray and mucinex or possibly like allegra or zyrtec (if you not allergic and it doesn’t interact with other meds you may be taking), nice warm herbal tea with lemon and honey, and if that fails see a doc for maybe some prescription nasal spray?
I agree with rest and a bubble bath too! Hope you feel better very soon.
Post # 10
You need to sleep! That’s all that’s going to really heal you.
I’m sorry you’re sick though. I was getting a cold on my wedding. Luckily, it didn’t hit full force until the next day though. I’m sure on your day you can drug yourself up enough to enjoy it. Just try to relax and sleep a lot these next few days, as hard as that is.
Post # 11
Rest. The programs can wait. What’s the point in having programs if you’re sick at your wedding? Your guests, I’m sure, would prefer a healthy bride over programs!
Take vitamin C, fish oil capsules, and cranberry juice. Flush your system! And don’t forget to eat!
Post # 12
Basically I’d do what all the PP have said but in the following order:
1. Delegate all stressful duties, honesty your day will be magical regardless of whether the programs are perfect.
2. Consume Vitamin C, Zinc and plenty of water don’t forget to eat food with lots of garlic.
3. Attempt saline irrigation of sinuses and gargle warm salty water. Yes it’s gross but you’ll get better quicker.
4. Have a hot both with some nice essential oils or bath product of your choice (I’m rather partial to lush bath bombs). Soak and relax, read omsething not wedding related if having trouble relaxing.
5. After bath cover self up with lots of clothing drink the whiskey/honey/lemon recipie and het into bed under the covers.
6. sleep like you’ve never slept before!!