5 days to the wedding and

posted 3 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
808 posts
Busy bee

I’m sorry you’re having to deal with that – I find it baffling that someone (particularly someone who’s married and is presumably familiar with the stresses of wedding planning!) can think it’s ok to back out of a commitment two days before. If I were you I’d say something to her – particularly if you’ve gone out of your way to hire a babysitter especially for them.

Post # 4
1793 posts
Buzzing bee

It is unfortunate that they won’t be there, but I promise – this is NO big deal.  You are having wedding week stress.  2 people out of 50 not being there isn’t going to make a difference in the beauty or success of your day.  Let it go!  You don’t need to look for things to stress about.

Post # 5
310 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Same boat.. just posted my rant on flakers :-/ I feel your pain. We’ve had people just casually mentioning they’re not coming (plus their date) over the past week. It’s screwing up the tables, can’t change the cards…so far we’re eating about $750 just bc these people couldn’t have the courtesy to tell us with a decent amount of notice. FI even offered to loan money to one bc it annoys him so much that we’re actually paying for people who won’t be there. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors