(Closed) 5 days!!!

posted 5 years ago in September 2012
Post # 3
3886 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I’m just one day behind you and I’m feeling pretty mellow. Very hard to focus on work today as it’s my last day working before the wedding, and I’m taking the entire week after the wedding off as well. It’s the double-whammy of wedding and time off that has me spending more time on the ‘bee and staring out the window than actually earning my paycheck!

My to-do list is quite short, and most of it is fun social stuff anyway— half a dozen trips to the airport to collect family, go pick up my dress, a ton of dinners and cocktail gatherings, and only tiny little things to actually do, like put the placecards in their holders.  

I treated myself to a wedding-planning-free weekend, and spent Saturday at the spa with my sister and my fi’s cousin, then spent Sunday at brunch with various folks followed by wine, wine, wine and wine on the porch till late.  And while there was plenty of wedding talk, there was no planning or doing or anything, and it was the best way to spend the weekend, ever 🙂

Post # 5
475 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@KYbride86:  Mine is on the 2nd and I am an absolute mess! I was super calm until last night and now I’m so nervous I feel like I’m going to throw up. I got in a debate about extra charges with the hall this morning and started crying on the phone at work. I had to leave and call my fiance to just let it all out and have a good cry. Doesn’t help that I’m on my period this week. haha

I am worrying about anything and everything right now… can’t wait until it’s all over so I can just relax!

Post # 6
31 posts
Newbee

Our Wedding is the 1st too! Surprislingly I am still calm! I am sure when I get out of work on Thursday (I took Friday off) I will be nervous. Still lots to do though! I have to finish making the butterfly decorations for our cakes! yikes!

Post # 7
103 posts
Blushing bee

I’m a day after yours and I woke up feeling pretty calm. Until I got to work and read the email the lady from our church sent me! I’ve been talking to her for the last 8 months and not once did she mention we needed to purchase 1 million in general liability coverage! My hall doesn’t even require it so it came as a shock when she did, considering it’s a historical building owned by the city.  I get they want to cover their asses but I almost went into a full panic attack when she told me we wouldn’t be able to get married at the church if they didn’t have it by wednesday! I was super pissed but was able to find a cheap on online.  You would think after 8 months of going back and forth she would have mentioned it at some point and not waited till the week of to let me know! My bank account is already hurting as it is. 🙁  I’m really hoping I don’t get any other surprised expenses!! 

Post # 8
246 posts
Helper bee

I was starting to get excited until our venue called this morning to confirm the number of tables and chairs.  Then I started feeling really anxious.  I’m nervous and excited all at the same time!  I can’t believe it’s actually THIS WEEKEND!  WOW!

Post # 9
1401 posts
Bumble bee

I don’t even feel like I’m getting married. I’m not anxious or worried. I’m on cruise control. It’s funny cuz everyone else around me is freaking out.

Well… I’m freaking out a little cuz I’m sick. But I’m at the doctor’s office right now. Fingers crossed.

Yay September 1st brides!

Post # 11
246 posts
Helper bee

I’ve been checking the weather forecast daily (okay, sometimes twice daily), and now it would seem to be a perfect day on Saturday (82 and sunny), but there’s so much smoke in the air from forest fires that I may be forced to move my wedding indoors.  I’m soooooo bummed!!!  It’s pretty bad.  It smells like a campfire even inside with the windows closed.  This would have to be 3 days before the wedding too.  Le sigh…

The topic ‘5 days!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors