5 hour bar service – long enough or not??

posted 3 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
4163 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2012 - Baltimore Museum of Industry

5 hours is more than long enough for a bar. At most weddings that I’ve be to, the bar shuts down before the party’s over- ours shut down half an hour ahead of time, for example. They still provided non-alcoholic drinks during that time for those who wanted them.

Post # 6
11379 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

@FutureMrsHallam:  what is happening from 6-7?  is the bar still open for that hour? 

you know your guests.  are they late night partiers that will expect to drink until midnight?  can you play it by ear; schedule to have it for the 5 hours but have the option to keep it open if your guests are having a good time.

Post # 8
355 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

That sounds like plenty of time to me! Our wedding started at 530 and ended at 11, and people were plenty drunk enough by then, haha. 

Post # 9
873 posts
Busy bee

I am not of much help, my wedding was an outdoor afair. I went to bed around 3am and I hear that my dad was the last to go to sleep around 4:30 or 5. I have a feeling this is a very different style event though. i think 5 hours of bar time is perfectly fine

Post # 10
595 posts
Busy bee

I think that’s very generous.  My daughter’s reception is 7:00 – 11:00 pm and the bar will have last call at 10:00 p.m. per the venue’s suggestion. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors