(Closed) 5+ Inch heels that are comfy? Do they exist?

posted 5 years ago in Shoes
Post # 3
3772 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I don’t have much advice.. but I can say I’d invest in a nice brand (they’re better on the feet) and somthing with straps around your ankle or across like a mary jane. Also once you get your shoes, buy some ball of foot inserts from dr. scholles (or however the heck you spell it). They work miracles. also look into ones with a little bit of a platform in the ball of foot… that way it’s more heel height without really being a high heel in relation to your foot positioning.

Post # 4
3175 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

How about wedges?

Post # 5
948 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

A pair with a platform on the sole of the shoe would likely be the most comfortable option

Post # 6
2084 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Definitely a shoe with a platform sole may last you partically the whole day!

Post # 7
724 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I was in the same boat and NOT a heel girl at all.  I wore Touch Up’s brand 5″ platforms and broke them in by wearing them around the house.  I then switched to 4″ platforms for the reception.  I didn’t need to put my flats on until midnight ish.  I never got any rubbing, blisters or sore spots just swelling from being in heels for 12 hours.  I truly believe wearing them around the house for a few months made all the difference!  Good luck.

Post # 8
240 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Cole Haan.  These babies have Nike Air Technology.  Laughing

Post # 9
5668 posts
Bee Keeper

My Jessica Simpson Waleo’s are one of the most comfortable pairs of heels I own and they are over 5″. They come in a bunch of different colours and materials.

ETA: Bebe Zahara’s are also 5″, ridiculously comfortable, and come in various colours.

Post # 10
1835 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012 - Oak Tree Manor

I wear 5″ heels all the time, and definitely the most comfortable ones are wedges (probs not appropriate for a wedding, but if you are wearing a big poufy dress and just want height wedges are the most comfy by far!). The second most comfortable are platform heels, like the ones the PPs mentioned/posted pics of – the platforms help relieve your foot of some of the height, so your foot feels like it’s walking in 2″ or 3″ heels instead of 5″ heels. Pointy-toe heels can get uncomfortable in the 4″ and 5″ range, and so can peeptoes if they don’t fit perfectly. I would definitely go for a pair of round-toed shoes and even buy some inserts (the gel pads for the toes) if you want extra support/comfort. Good luck!

Post # 11
2143 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

I have angela nuran heels that are SUPER comfy and 4.5″, I’m not sure but they might have styles over 5″

Post # 12
707 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

If you really wanna splurge, my 5.5 inch yves st Laurent tribtoos are my go to comfort heal. They have a large platform which makes them easy to walk in and I could easily wear them for eight hours. More expensive might not always be better, but in this case they are! 

Post # 13
815 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I’m wearing bcbg generation 5 inch heels. I bought them because they were comfy & got another pair in a different color to practice in. I sing in a cover band & I wore them for a performance where I was on my feet for about 4 hours. They were probably the most comfortable shoes that height I could find. My feet were still tired afterwards but I haven’t been able to wear shoes that high in a show for a while! I’m in the same boat as you, btw, I’m 4’11” & my fiancé is 5’11”.

Also, I think I saw a commercial for a new insert for high heels from Dr. Scholls. I’m going to have to check those out myself!

The topic ‘5+ Inch heels that are comfy? Do they exist?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors