Quality time : (20 votes)
    16 %
    Acts of service : (15 votes)
    12 %
    Physical touch : (24 votes)
    19 %
    Gifts : (13 votes)
    10 %
    My partner and I speak the same PRIMARY love languages : (5 votes)
    4 %
    My partner's love languages and mine overlap (primary/secondary) : (9 votes)
    7 %
    My partner and I speak different PRIMARY love languages : (26 votes)
    20 %
  • Post # 3
    6959 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2015

@TwoStatesBride:  We took the quiz pretty early in our relationship. He is “Quality Time” followed closely by “Physical Touch”. I’m “Physical Touch” followed closely by “Gifts”. I got off easy 😛

Post # 4
    3828 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

I am Quality Time and he is Acts of Service. I started making his lunches for him in the mornings, he noticed right away.  The book is really wonderful when you put it in practice. 

Post # 5
    9137 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

@TwoStatesBride:  I ranked 50/50 for quality time and physical touch.  Now that I know what works for me, I ask for it from my partner.

Post # 8
    2675 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2014 - Madison, WI

I was mainly quality time and pretty equal across all other categories.

Post # 9
    518 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

I really like this book, and think it’s a great read for all couples.

My primary love languages are quality time and physical touch.  He is AMAZING at quality time, and physical touch is something he is working on on (not to be confused with intimacy….he’s just fine with that kind of touching!).  He’s not a cuddler like I am, and snuggling up together isn’t as natural for him as it is for me, but he knows and understands that it is important to me to feel loved, so he is working on it which means a lot to me.

Post # 10
    3833 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

When we took the quiz, my primary languages were Quality Time and Acts of Service. I think his was Acts of Service (?).  We’re reading the book now. I’ve noticed, though, that my love language changes sometimes depending on what I’m getting the least of. When I took the quiz, DH and I hardly got to see each other each day, so I was craving quality time. Now, I’m tired and stressed from a new job, so Words of Affirmation mean a lot to me.

Also – I think Acts of Service make me feel loved because I had already figured out that my DH showed love that way, so I connected it with feeling loved during the quiz. If he was the type to demonstrate love a different way, I wonder if my results would’ve been skewed differently.

Anyway else feel like their languages shift? Or that they need a blend of 3 or more to feel loved?

Post # 11
    1470 posts
    Bumble bee

Mine is definitely gifts. My dad grew up pretty poor; he’s self made but very-nouveau riche I’ll say and growing up he literally showered us with gifts because he doesn’t know any other way to show his love and also he was always trying to prove something to my mom’s family I think. So I definitely think that’s affected the ways I receive and express my own love. I love to give gifts, I put a ton of thought into them and really try to match the receiver. I’m super easy to gift for anyone who knows me, so when someone doesn’t put that little bit of thought into it, it hurts.

My bf is hands down acts of service and he’s not a gifter at all…go figure. We’re making it work lol

Post # 12
    605 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2014

i’m currently reading it now. my love language is quality time. i don’t remember what FI had. so far the book is good and helpful. 

Post # 13
    170 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

Mine are Quality time & Words of Affirmation.
    DH’s are Acts of Service & Physical touch.

I think it would be more ideal to have more overlapping love languages. I’m not a huge fan of his love languages.

Post # 14
    459 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

We haven’t read the book, but we read another book by the same author and it has a chapter on the love languages. My primary love language is quality time, secondary is physical touch. FI’s are reversed: primary is physical touch, secondary is quality time. It seems to work well for us that they overlap.

Post # 15
    11300 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2013

Mine is Physical Touch (10), followed by Quality Time (8) and Words of Affirmation (7). I think his are Quality Time and Words of Affirmation.

Post # 16
    137 posts
    Blushing bee

His biggest one is physical touch and my main one is quality time – but our top 3 are the same.  He’s a big words of affirmation guy though.  And I thought gifts was higher for me, but it’s actually my second lowest. 😛  So I’ve been trying to make sure I always have a hand on him, LOL.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors