1104 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Receiving Gifits #GoldDigger lol

Post # 4
4072 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

Quality time is definitely my top one, followed by words of affirmation. My FI’s top is also quality time, followed by touch.

Post # 5
689 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Legare Waring House

Words of Affirmation – after reading the book, no surprise there!

Post # 6
3222 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

Mine is quality time while my FH is recieving gifts. We’re seemingly opposite!

Post # 7
8677 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

Apparently I’m physical touch.

I felt some of these questions were leading or didn’t apply to me. Like question 5… “I would like for my husband to put his arm around me in public.” My husband does. Or, “I would like my husband to bring me gifts from his travels.” No, I don’t. My husband already does one thing, I’m not lacking in that particular department. Or better yet, question 7. “I feel loved when my husband gives me gifts.” No more than I feel loved any other time. Followed by, “I know he loves me, I just want to hear him say it.” He does. So neither of these apply to me. He already tells me he loves me, and I don’t feel particularly more loved when he gives me things.

Post # 8
2675 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Madison, WI

Mine is quality time. FI is words of affirmation. 

Post # 9
11379 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

i remember reading this book many, many years ago.

mine was physical touch back then and still is.

Post # 10
615 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

For me its quality time and physical touch,

for FI its acts of service… but isnt that the same as mine? ;P (LOL)

Post # 11
3097 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013 - A court...

Quality time, receiving gifts, and physical touch 😛

Post # 12
307 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

Physical touch 🙂

Post # 14
583 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

@classical_wolf:  I think words of affirmation for me and physical touch for SO. I feel so loved when he says kind things to me and compliments me, and he is always happy with little things even holding hands or having his back rubbed.

Post # 15
5392 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2014

Quality Time

In the vernacular of Quality Time, nothing says, “I love you,” like full, undivided attention. Being there for this type of person is critical, but really being there – with the TV off, fork and knife down, and all chores and tasks on standby – makes your significant other feel truly special and loved. Distractions, postponed dates, or the failure to listen can be especially hurtful. Quality time also means sharing quality conversation and quality activities.

Physical touch was my second highest score.

Def agree with that 🙂 And I’m fortunate because we get a lot of quality time together 🙂

Post # 16
4513 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

The quiz said that my love language is Quality Time, which I think is accurate. My FI gives me A LOT of gifts and usually for no reason, which I very much love and appreciate, but being together is still what I love most.

I do feel like I show a lot of physical affection, but I also show love by giving gifts to people. I think its interesting that I prefer to receive quality time, but feel the need (maybe not the need, but the desire?) to give people stuff if I love them. Receiving gifts actually was my lowest score, but maybe thats because he already gives me a lot of gifts so I didn’t feel the need to answer the gift-giving questions with positive answers.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors