(Closed) 5 months away need to go dress shoping

posted 8 years ago in Full Figured
Post # 3
794 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I had some spanx type undergarment that I bought from Victorias secret from being a bridesmaid before and I also asked the bridal shop helper to get me a longline bra to try the dresses on with.  That really does wonders.  If you don’t get spanx I recommend wearing some nude/white boyshorts as you are in the dressing room with a complete stranger and the last thing you want to be wearing is a mesh thong.  haha

Post # 4
67 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

If you think you’re going to want Spanx for the big day I’d pick some up now so you have them when trying on dresses.

I am a street size 8 but I’m very body concious so was TERRIFIED about trying on dresses for the first time. I wore spanx and went and bought a new strapless bra for the occasion. In the end it was a great investment and gave me the confidence to feel beautiful while trying on dresses.

Post # 5
546 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I didn’t wear spanx for my dress shopping trips.  But I actually didn’t know about them at the time.  The did let me use a long line bra, and I ended up buying a new one for my actual wedding day.  But I would say go ahead and get your own spanx or long line bra before you go.  Then you already have it and are ready to go.  Good luck and have fun!  Can’t wait to see what you pick out!

Post # 6
393 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

um, i didn’t plan what i wore, lol. Not to mention i have no modesty and probably did wear a thong, lol.

The topic ‘5 months away need to go dress shoping’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors