(Closed) 5 months away!

posted 6 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
570 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

The 30 day shred is a great workout!! It’s so difficult, I loved it. Honestly, your eating habits have more to do with shedding weight than working out. Cardio (intervals) will burn fat, weight training will get you toned, but food will help you drop weight. I’m about 5 months out, but in more of a maintenance stage (helps that summer is here and I need to be in a bathing suit all the time!). Just try to make small changes. You’re better off filling up on 100 calories of spinach and berries with a balsamic dressing than 100 calories of something processed, all calories are NOT created equal. Your body will react differently to everything that you eat, whether it will bloat you or help your body run more efficiently and fuel your workouts. Aim to cut out soda, aim to only have carb-heavy meals once a week, don’t fry or saute food- try baking and roasting instead… stuff like that. You’ll be amazed at how it all adds up!!! 🙂

Post # 4
3720 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Also, I find that when I workout I need to eat more. I find that keeping healthy snacks at work keeps me from cheating. Oatmeal with berries in the morning for breakfast is a great way to fill you up and then I try to have beans for lunch. Then a snack of a banana with almond butter or greek yogurt and some kind of veggie based dinner.

I also needed to remember to listen to my body. Sometimes I needed the burger and french fries– I wasn’t going to be satisfied until I ate it. So I skipped my afternoon snack, went super hard core at the gym, and walked to the bar and back. I enjoy every bite of that treat and don’t feel guilty. If I try to ignore cravings I constantly try to find subsitutes until I finally break down and eat what my body is craving (red meat, cheese, and salt)

Post # 5
59 posts
Worker bee

@Jillybelle:  I’m getting married the week before you and seem to be going over and over losing and gaining the same 5 pounds too. I just came on right now to look for an accountability partner – someone I can cheer on and encourage while keeping tabs on myself. I also use My Fitness Pal on my phone and love it. And, serendipity it seems – but I was also looking into the Jillian shred dvd! 

If you want to have a partner in this weight loss game until our weddings in November, send me a message and we can talk. I’m trying to drop 10-15 pounds in the next 20 weeks. I’d love to have a pal for the journey!

Post # 7
125 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

My fiance and I started The Whole 30 and it really has totally changed our outlook and food and our health. We completed the 30 day program without cheating and saw amazing results. I lost 13.5 pounds in thirty days and he lost 14. We were so happy with the way we feel and look that we’re starting the program again today to lose the final 10-15 pounds. The first week of the plan is hard but after that we felt great.

The diet is really about eating whole foods and cutting out grains, sugar, legumes and eating veggies,meat and fish. I was so skeptical at first and now I’m a huge advocate for it! I had zero will power before but now that this is working I’m keeping my eye on the prize! For me eating right has been the key to finally losing the weight,

http://whole9life.com/category/whole-30/

The topic ‘5 months away!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors