(Closed) 5 months later, Too late for an engagement party?

posted 6 years ago in Parties
Post # 3
443 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Considering gifts have been taken out of the equation and (if your profile date is accurate) the wedding is a year away… go for it and enjoy.

Post # 5
3314 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

We got engaged in September and had an engagement party in March.  Nothing wrong with it in my opinion.

Post # 6
688 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

It’s fine! We got engaged in Dec of 2010 and had our engagement party in june of 2011

Post # 7
9629 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

I think it sounds fine, go with it and enjoy!

Post # 8
3569 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

We were engaged on Christmas, and plan to have a big bbq over the summer as an “engagement party.” Not for gifts, but just to get our families together to mingle some, and get get our bridal party all together. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with having a party!

Post # 10
651 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I think that is fine. It is normal where I am. My friend was engaged in December and we just had her party a few weeks ago. I was engaged in March and we will be having our party in August – that is 6 months later. Since the wedding will still be a year away I think that it is fine!

Post # 11
4046 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I think you’re fine. It can be hard to find a time to get everyone together that is not too close to another event like Christmas. Go for it!

Post # 12
Hostess
11174 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

I don’t see anything wrong with celebrating with family and/or friends. It isn’t like people bring gifts to an engagement party so there really isn’t any etiquette you would be breaking.

Post # 13
262 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Sounds fine to me. FI and I announced our engagement at xmas and our engagement party is next week. We do, however, have over a year before our actual wedding though. I think as long as the engagement party is closer to the engagement than the wedding, you should be fine!

Post # 14
1284 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

The only guideline I’ve ever heard for WHEN to have an engagement party is “closer to the engagement than the wedding”. Even so… I think anyone who wants a party should have one whenever they want!

Go for it!

Post # 15
955 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

Go for it! Parties are great for bonding between friends and family!

Post # 16
399 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

YES, have an engagement party, you both deserve it!!

The topic ‘5 months later, Too late for an engagement party?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors