5 months to go!

posted 3 years ago in January 2014
Post # 3
789 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

@AlyBear09:  I’m nearly finished with most big details as well! We haven’t even thought about the honeymoon because of my FH’s crazy work schedule (gotta love military life).  The honeymoon may have to happen down the road a bit.  Invitations arrived in the mail today, which gives me all of this month and September to address them.  I wanted plenty of time sine I’m a full time grad student, I won’t be sending them out until October.  My big thing now is figuring out bridesmaids’ gifts and other little details like goodies for the bathrooms at the reception.    

Post # 4
26 posts
Newbee

I’ve gotten a lot done! I was super organized and proactive about wedding planning because I never wanted to plan a wedding in the first place, and I sure as heck didn’t want to do it with a bunch of additional time pressure/stress. There are mainly only details left at that point. 

We have booked: wedding ceremony package (inclueds a coordinator and officiant permits, decor, flowers, and rentals), wedding dinner at a restaurant, photographer, videographer, hair & makeup, flights, accommodations, and rental car (we will be on the island for 2 weeks). We have also followed up with guests extensively and know pretty clearly who will be coming. They all have flights and accommodations booked already. There will be 20 guests. We have the all of the items for their welcome bags already and half of the wedding favors.

As far as my attire, I have a dress, shoes, earrings, and a bracelet. I have a garter and veil picked out but have not purchased them yet. I still need to choose a hair accessory and haven’t decided whether I want a neckace or not. Probably not. I have chosen a wedding band but not purchased it yet, my sweetie has not chosen his. I purchased my dress back in March and it is due to arrive in October. So that’s one of the main outstanding things — my dress alterations. I’ve secretly promised myself that I’ll spend whatever it takes to make sure I love the way the dress fits and I look my best, but I’m secretly worried the alterations will somehow be astronomical. I feel like that’s one of those unknownable expenses which really bugs me.

The other main outstanding thing is our menu. The restaurant won’t finalize their menu for 2014 until sometime this fall so I can’t finalize our dinner selections or exact costs until then.

Finally, the details of our ceremony are still undecided. We will write our own vows. His mom, who is a writer will write something to read at the ceremony, and his aunt, who is a singer will sing something. I know what song I’ll be walking down the aisle to. That’s all I’ve got.

Post # 5
57 posts
Worker bee

We have all of the big stuff done- booked ceremony/reception venue, booked cake/cupcake guy, booked photographer, got the stuff for my DIY invites, STDs came in but I haven’t mailed em yet, have my dress and son’s tux,wedding party picked out/asked, have the stuff for my DIY flowers… I think we’re doing pretty well so far 🙂 

Post # 6
26 posts
Newbee

Oh, and my Sweetie has his suit!

Post # 7
21 posts
Newbee

Yaayyy 5 months! 🙂

And honestly, our wedding is a little ‘different’ as there really is no planning to do. 🙂 Currently finalising my wedding dress order, but that’s it. No-one else is dressing up, but ‘yolo’ as people say haha… I just wanted one!

Post # 8
156 posts
Blushing bee

Ceremony venue is booked, officiant is booked, my bridesmaids are asked and given their boxes, his clothes are chosen and recorded by the suit place, BM dresses and accessories are chosen, all bridal party gifts are chosen, my bouquet (Im a DIY bride) is done, our scrapbook guest book is done, wedding bands are done, my dress is done (all but alterations), BM bouquet/lantern thingys done, menu is done, cake person is booked, go away vehicle (my 4wheeler…) is detailed and OFF LIMITS (this is at you FI if you get on my WB account!!!!!!!), Ive been woodburning our floral boxes and making flowers in my spare time, making mock ups of our invites, and going crazy in general…

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors