(Closed) 5 months to go! Where are you in your planning?

posted 7 years ago in September 2011
Post # 3
79 posts
Worker bee

Dirty Delete is really stressing over honeymoon plans right now.  Me, worrying about working on the silk flowers (my goal this month is bm bouquets, 16 pom balls and 12 bouts) and making sure they look *NICE* and not ‘Oh, fake flowers?….’  And also worrying about invitations.  Dirty Delete tells me her Fiance doesn’t have his invite list ready and they haven’t decided on wording, style, etc, etc, etc.  I saw on her planner she was going to order them in July which really freaked me and of course I butted in and begged her to order way earlier. ha  Really, not trying to be a Momzilla here just helpfully prodding. 

Completed: 180 organza flowers; found my dress; purchased the flatware, napkins, printed cocktail napkins, pic. frames for tables; sewed the table runners, table toppers; bought her shoes; have the venue 75% paid-whew!; thrifted 145 china dessert plates; all the votive candle cups (also thrifted) washed and ready with the candles pre-burned for speed and of course, silk flowers purchased. 

Food.  ACK!  Luckily, the future in-laws are going to help with that so I just need to have a meeting or two with his mom and begin planning.  

Can’t believe it is only five months already!

Post # 4
318 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

It’s crazy how time flies!

Completed:  Venue (we’re having ceremony and reception at same site), catering, photo booth, DJ, wedding dress, bridesmaid dresses, mother of the bride dress, flowers, cake, invitations are half done (they’re DIY), thank you notes are all completed.

Still need: Tuxes, honeymoon, DIY centerpieces, DIY decor.  I really want to get the menswear done this month!

I’m sure there’s more but it’s so hard to think about! πŸ™‚ 

Post # 5
767 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I am starting to get REALLY excited- it’s really happening! 

I recently posted on another thread, but we’ve completed: venue (with catering), cake person selected, DJ, photographer, officiant, dress, and tux (although we purchased and probably should exchange the pants for a different size).

This month I want to finish the invitation design (we are making them ourselves. We already have or have ordered all the paper), book the honeymoon, and do some more research on wedding bands so we can order them! I also have some little projects that I’m working on, such as tears of joy packets and somewhat complicated programs. Oh! And a rehearsal dinner/welcome party the night before is a big mystery item right now (FI’s parents haven’t offered anything, and I’m pretty sure it’s up to us to decide on).

Post # 6
106 posts
Blushing bee

We’ve got all the big stuff done, so this month I am focusing on: figuring out what the guys are going to wear, booking a shuttle to take the guests from hotel to venue and back, finalize an invitation design with our designer, and research rehearsal dinner venues.

Post # 8
1501 posts
Bumble bee

Ummm….I’ve kind of ignored all wedding planning for the last couple weeks. I think about it but keep putting it off.

I am supposed to be making invites this month, guess it is time to get started on that and get this whole thing rolling again.

My goal was to be done all major things by May long weekend but that is not looking reasonable right now.

Post # 9
482 posts
Helper bee

Oh wow!  You bees are on the ball!!  Here is my list!  AND I have a question… If I send out my Save-The-Date Cards in May, is that too late?  I am September 23 and planned on sending out the invitations in mid-July (about 8 weeks out).

Completed Already:

Catering and menu selections (in house)

Cake flavor choices (also in house)

Dress (arrived and payed for!)

Officiant booked

Hair and make-up for me and the BMs booked!

Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses ordered

MOB and MOG dresses ordered

Things to be Completed by April 30:

Engagement Session (booked for April 24th!!)

Choose cake style

Book florist

Decide on invitations

Book DJ

Firm up decor options

Day Of Transportation book

Uhh… go on a diet?

We really have a LOT on our plates right now and a TON to do!

Post # 10
553 posts
Busy bee

Welllll most of our big decision making is done πŸ™‚ thank goodness! so this month and probably next month+ I’m working on my DIY projects! ack!

I have about 6-8 more pomanders to finish..

My DIY Cards and Pockets invitation materials came today πŸ™‚ yay! So now I have to figure out the design and layout, etc.

Honeymoon planning/passports

Research tux options

Get shoe sizes in order for the guys (the fiance is buying them nike hi-tops for their gift)

Sign contract with our Dj

Venue booked

Officiant booked

Photographer booked

Florist for bouquets, corsages and bouts booked

Centerpiece candles/glassware purchased

Dress ordered

Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses ordered

2 Bridesmaid or Best Man gifts purchased

Shower gifts purchased

STD’s sent

Hotel room block set

Rehearsal at venue and dinner booked

Hair and makeup booked

Most traditional wedding items purchased (guest book, flutes, serving set, aisle runner, etc)

Post # 11
424 posts
Helper bee

I can’t believe it’s coming up so fast!! We need to see a mock up of the flowers, order a cake topper, order tuxes, book a honeymoon…I think that’s it for now!

Post # 12
369 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Super exciting!  The sooner it comes, the FASTER time flies!!  Its so nuts! 

Anyway, here are our completed items:

• Venue Booked
  • DOC Booked
  • Photographer Booked
  • Videographer Booked
  • Engagement photos taken!
  • Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses ordered (and my mom found her dress too!)
  • Wedding dress ordered (yippeee!)
  • Found DJ and Florist
  • Caterer booked and tasting completed (yum!)
  • Officiant booked
  • Registry started
  • Venue decor booked

To finish by the end of April (I know, we’re already halfway in):

• Sign DJ contract
  • Sign Florist contract
  • Order invitations
  • Start a couple DIY projectsz
  • Fiance is taking care of honeymoon planning and I think he’s getting full force into that this month! LOOOOVE him. πŸ™‚
  • Look forward to items that have to be completed in May.

Good luck everyone!!! πŸ™‚

Post # 13
609 posts
Busy bee

I’ve been pretty much slacking on the wedding planning since booking the venue & sending out the STD’s.. I still have to do the following:

Purchase the suits

Decide on a bakery

Tasting with the caterer (we are doing that in June)

Flowers (I’m debating between DIY & purchasing)

Some DIY decorations

Find a stylist for hair & make-up

Post # 14
6 posts

I’m starting to feel the time crunch!!!

So far, this is what we have done:

My dress

His tux

Both of our rings

Venue location

Reception location

Invitations selected — need to order

Flowers mostly picked out

Photographer picked out

Registry started

Reception decor decided on

Bridesmaid dresses picked out

What we have left to do:

Nail down the officiant, DJ, and caterer

Order/send out invitations

Finalize cake

Figure out the catering situation

Figure out hair and make-up

Plant flowers (Talk to florist about back-up flowers)

Yikes!! It seems like soooo much left to do, but I’m getting really excited!

Post # 15
2 posts

So.. if anyone wants to feel better about where they are in their planning, check out what I’ve got done:

Venue booked
Officiant selected

That’s IT. I’m not worried.. πŸ˜‰

Post # 16
47 posts

Holy cow! Five months from tomorrow, here!

Completed—Venue, caterer, rentals, cupcakes, DJ, florist, DIY invites, dress, photographer, DIY mock centerpiece

To do—Find officiant! Book shuttle rental. Schedule showers/bachelorette party. His tux. Order rings. Start registry.

Feeling pretty good about everything so far! We are having our wedding in New Husband, which will be a destination for 95% of our guests, so we already sent the invites (which we made two weeks ago). Getting RSVPs and excitement already!

Good luck, bees!

The topic ‘5 months to go! Where are you in your planning?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors