5 months until wedding & still no wedding dress. Need help! Thanks!

posted 2 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
7531 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I think #4 is really gorgeous on you.  I also really like # 10

Post # 3
29 posts
  • Wedding: October 2015

Number 5 is my favourite. 

Post # 4
1062 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Sorry I’m not much help, but I think you should get a more flowy dress that’s not heavy if you’re having a beach/outdoor wedding. Are you near a BHLDN? They should have a lot of dresses within your budget. Also, your budget isn’t low by any means, so there should be plenty of shops that carry a lot of dresses within your budget. 

Since you’re on a time crunch, I think it would make sense if you take a look at bridesmaid dresses. There are a lot of them available at Nordstrom.com, so you can order a bunch, try them on, and mail it back. Nordstrom has an amazing return policy. I would call them first to see if this is allowed though.

Here are some dresses that I think seem lighter and more appropriate (in my opinion) for a beach wedding.

However, if I had to pick, then I say #1 and #4 are the most flattering on you, but #4 seems more appropriate for the beach.

BHLDN website

Zahara Gown – $2,000

Vivienne Gown – $1,800

Onyx Gown – $1,800

Annabelle Dress (belt not included) – $260

Gemma Gown – $1,000

Juliette Dress – $275

Nicole Miller Dakota – $1,035

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  dojx.
Post # 6
405 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015 - Firehouse Restaurant

My dress came in less than a month and a half and was $1400. It’s not beachy but it is super light weight. Mine is in light gold but it comes in white or ivory. It’s allure 2667 fit and flare if you want to look it up in a different color but FYI it looks way better in person than on the website. Also, I like #4 and #5 on you but that’s because those are more my style. I feel like even though you are getting marriend on a beach that it doesn’t have to dictate what type of dress you pick. I say pick what makes you feel like a bride even if it not considered beachy. Note, if you end up with number one it looks great on you:)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  elombardo.
Post # 7
73 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2013 - Tuscan Farmhouse

You look great in all the gowns but the first dress caught my eye although I understand your concern with it being heavier and restrictive. Your budget is perfectly adequate and also consider ‘off the rack’ stores that carry samples and discontinued gowns where you’ll likely get a great deal. Don’t rush into a decision you’ll regret because of order times. Sorry you don’t have more support from friends with dress shopping.

Post # 8
2106 posts
Buzzing bee

You should still have time to order from Mori Lee, Pronovias, and Da Vinci

Mori Lee and Da Vinci are both delivering in the February time frame – Da Vinci only takes 1-2 months for ordering and even has a 4 week rush

Also I work as a bridal consultant in FL so I get a lot of beach brides so materials I recommend are: Organza, Light lace, Charmeuse, Tulle. All the dresses I have posted are dresses we have or have had in my shop and were popular with our beach brides.

Mori Lee 6784 (Under $1000)

Mori Lee 6744 (Under $1000)

Pronovias ‘Orel’

(Right Around $1000 – This has been a very popular beach dress at my store very lightweight fit and flare)

Pronovias ‘Laren’ (Around $1700 – Light lace with a small train)

Da Vinci 50254 (Around $1400 – Light Lace with Charmeuse Underlay) 

Da Vinci (Under $1000 – Light Silk Satin)

Da Vinci 50053 (Under $1000 – Fit and Flare Chiffon)

Post # 9
150 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

I love the first one on you- stunning. But I get you on the weight of the dress. Have you looked at Sophia Tolli’s Ginger, Gilda, or Marielena? Similar design but in a gorgeous organza material. Most are in your price range or under…good luck and no matter what you choose, I’m sure you’ll be a beautiful bride!

Post # 10
612 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

It sounds like there are some great reccomendatkins above.

+1 for shopbop and I love the Mori Lee and Pronovias options.  Have you tried Nicole Miller?  They seemed to have stock of every dress I liked. I ordered one very recently and it arrives at my house Saturday actually.

Post # 11
813 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

Have you looked at Nicole Miller dresses.  She is known for beachy bridal dresses that are in your budget.  You can find them at BHLDN, Zappos and Nordstroms.

Post # 12
2555 posts
Sugar bee

Apart from number 10 ( which honestly does you no favours) they are all beautiful dresses but not one seems suitable for a beach wedding to me.  Those big trains will end up caked in wet sand and the lacy trains risk getting snagged on rocks and bits of driftwood.  I thnk you should look for something trainless, even perhaps a white or ivory bridesmaid’s dress. Dojx has offerred some excellent suggestions.

Post # 14
59 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: Petroleum Club of Houston

I prefer #4 on you but it may be too heavy for the beach.  I love the skirt of #2 and think if you changed the neckline to a sweetheart neckline, it would be flattering and less prom-ish.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors