Post # 1
I remember participating in one of these when I first joined the BeeHive, and it was so much fun! I shortened it to 5 things from 10 since that might be easier for everyone.
- I really wish I could get back to wearing skirts & dresses. I can’t tell you the last time I wore something other than blue jeans. I want to feel (and look) like a woman again. 🙂
- For some reason I enjoy watching “iCarly” and “Drake & Josh” on Nickelodeon. Don’t judge.
- I styled my hair yesterday and freaked out because I think I’m going bald in my bangs, but my fiance says it’s just how I had it parted. Still unsure about that…gonna go check out the Rogaine website.
- I regret not going to UGA because a cute bulldog is a much better mascot than my alma mater’s (Stormy petrel—a seabird that throws up on its predators when disturbed).
- I bought a pack of fake nails & superglue from Dollar General the other day, and I swear it looked better than if I had gone to a nail salon. Only $3 instead of $25 for a full set!
- He has this one gray hair in his eyelashes that bugs me to no end, but he won’t let me pluck it out. He’s scared of the pain, but he lets me pluck the ones in his beard.
- Texas Pete hot sauce is the one thing he couldn’t live without (other than me, of course).
- He refuses to wear anything pink even though I try to convince him that he’d look so cute in a pink polo. Never gonna happen.
- He broke his finger playing basketball a few years ago and never got it properly set, and so it’s very crooked & weird looking. Thank God, it’s his ring finger on his right hand and not his left.
- He’s so laid back & calm about everything that it totally balances out my hot temper, but sometimes I’d wish he’d make a firm decision instead of leaving it up to me to figure out what’s for dinner or what movie to watch. 😛
Post # 3
1. I have never seen a movie I didn’t like.
2. I drink way too much diet coke, it’s disturbing.
3. I have never had my nails done! I’ve also never gone without nail polish for more than an hour or so since I was eight years old.
4. I hate my name. Everyone tells me it’s pretty but it seems so plain to me.
5. I read at an incredibly fast pace. I got through the last Harry Potter book in under 4 hours.
1. He pretends to love his orange hair, but is not-so-secretly wishing for it to turn brown like his father’s did.
2. He is obsessed with colognes. He has at least 15 now, and constantly talks about wanting to buy more.
3. He’ll eat anything. Anything.
4. He is the most friendly person I’ve ever met. I’ve never heard of anyone who doesn’t like him. (His “best friends” number around 20)
5. When we drink with his friends he’ll order beer to fit in with them, but he would really rather have a sugary girl drink.
Post # 5
@AudzinLuv: I am the same with skirts/dresses! Recently Ive been wearing dresses with tights and boots – I just like feeling more womanly! My SIL went to UGA! DH is from GA – your mascot sounds disgusting!! My husband sounds the same as your FI – veryyy laid back! WHich balances out my temper too 🙂
1. I hate going to bed without DH. If I do go to bed before him I usually have him stay with me until Im close to falling asleep.
2. I didn’t try cream cheese or sour cream until college
3. I used to live in California and want to go back really badly
4. I am a much better baker than cook
5. I love taking pictures but never have anything to take pictures of!
1. He is obsessed with Call of Duty and Civilization V
2. He has little hairs on his neck that I pluck and he gets soo pissed when I do it
3. He loves his Mazda 350Z so much that his license plate says “NoahsZ”
4. He has a twin sister who he is very close with
5. He is napping on the couch right now with our dog – and its really cute!!
Post # 6
@DesireeAnne: my husband never stresses either and is also very blunt! I love it 🙂
Post # 7
I’m bored, I’ll play. 🙂 These aren’t going to be super interesting though, as I’m tired. :p
1. I’m obsessed with criminal-shows even though I know they have very little basis in reality. 🙂 Think: Law & Order (any of them), Fairly Legal, The Closer, NCIS.
2. I could be a “professional reader” if only I got paid for it….The world is so unfair! Why can’t I just read novels all day? 😉
3. I’m the oldest of 4. My youngest sister is only 7 – she was adopted 3 years ago.
4. I fully believe that we are “Debra & Raymond” from Everybody Loves Raymond. I really do think so.
5. I’m watching Dr. Phil, and I’m totally ashamed of myself. I’m judging like crazzzzyyyy.
1. He’s obsessed with cars. Like, OBSESSED. He works on cars, cars are his favorite toys, he draws cars, he researches cars. I think he was a car in another life.
2. He is also a fanatic of the “crime shows” I mentioned above. And car shows. Go figure?
3. He thinks wedding planning is annoying; so do I.
4. He is the pickiest eater EVER. The man won’t eat anything!! No seafood. :/ Makes me sad.
5. I swear sometimes he is hairier than a gorilla. I kind of like it. 😉
Post # 8
@AmeliaBedelia: J hates seafood as well. Big bummer.
@PitBulLover: Man, they’re going to have to keep each other company if we stress ourselves to death. Hah. I also hate going to bed without him.
Post # 9
@DesireeAnne: Yeah he gets all weird when I do. I loooove seafood/sushi/whathaveyou.
Post # 10
@AmeliaBedelia: He bought me King crab legs last weekend and was helping me crack them. I asked him to help crack the claw and he’s like “you eat that too?” Too funny.
Post # 11
Oh how fun!!
1) Almost all of my favorite movies are classics with older actors (older sometimes= now dead, i.e. Cary Grant). FI makes fun of me because I always know movies that he has never heard of but that his dad loves.
2) I took piano lessons for 8 years and really love playing. We don’t have a piano now but my grandma is giving me her piano that I first learned to play on when I get married. She has been telling FI this since we first got together, I think that she felt like it would make him propose faster. It didn’t lol.
3) I turn absolutely everything into a mirror. Doors, cars, car windows, sunglasses, my iphone screen…everything. It can be very awkward when you think a car is empty and it turns out not to be.
4) My favorite breakfast ever is soggy toast (buttered bread cooked in the oven so the edges get crunchy but in the middle the butter just melts and gets “soggy”) and hot chocolate. I don’t let myself have it very often. I prefer most things barely cooked. I like it when things are still just a little doughy.
5) I hate driving. I half an hour commute both ways every day and I detest it. If anyone else is with me at any time they are the ones driving. I get very very frustrated.
1) He eats the same thing for breakfast and lunch every work day. Cereal for breakfast (he switches between different brands) and a peanut butter/honey sandwich, capri sun, string cheese and yogurt for lunch. If there is no milk for his cereal it is not a good day.
2) He has never bought clothes for himself. His Mom still gives him clothes when she has the opportunity and he hates shopping because of this.
3) He can listen to almost any song and tell you who sings it. Weird.
4) He is very straightforward. He’ll tell you what he’s thinking or his opinion on something honestly without worrying about how you’ll react. He gets frustrated when I ask him if he’s sure about something because, in his mind, he wouldn’t have said/agreed to something if he wasn’t sure.
5) His best friend is his Dad. It’s adorable.
Post # 12
1. I am super weird about noises…like when ppl smack their lips, crumple the bag of potato chips, “pop” their gum…all these sounds drive me insane!
2. I change my hair color at least once every 2 months at max.
3. I love getting tattoos but am really scared of needles…not the best couple hours when it’s time for a new one lol
4. Am a reality tv fanatic. Esp, about ghost stuff!
5. Am obsessed with my daily planner! If something needs done it has to go in the planner! lol
1. He knows everything about sports…seriously I think everything!
2. He hates that he’s balding but refuses to just shave his head….like he thinks it’s all going to come back or something??
3. He “secretly” plays with my hair before he falls asleep when he thinks I’m asleep 🙂
4. He hates butter…will eat plain toast….or plain noodles…so weird
5. He is the calmest person I have ever met. He hardly ever stresses about stuff…totally keeps me sane!
Post # 13
These are great! I feel like I’m getting to “know” you guys a little better!
@Gingersnap: That’s hilarious about your guy preferring fruity, girly drinks to beer. Whenever I order one I can never get through it all, and so my fiance always has to finish it for me. (with a pained expression on his face sometimes, lol)
@DesireeAnne: Hey, didn’t we all want to be a mermaid growing up? She’s the coolest of the Disney princesses, IMO.
@PitBulLover: Glad I’m not the only one wanting to dress more girly! Do you like cream cheese & sour cream now, lol? Why did it take you so long to try them?
@AmeliaBedelia: Men definitely should have some hair on their bodies, I agree (but hopefully yours doesn’t have any on his back)!
@Running Elley: I can’t believe he never gets tired of the same old breakfast & lunch. Weird. And now I must try “soggy toast” to see if I’ll like it.
@Crisark: Yay for ghost stuff!
Keep ’em coming, ladies!!!!
Post # 14
@AudzinLuv: We watched a lot of iCarly while visiting my family in New York…it’s our guilty pleasure too.
Post # 15
@AudzinLuv: Haha no, back hair is where we draw the line. 🙂 He’s just got a very healthy dose of chest hair and he has facial hair. TOTALLY to my liking. :)His Dad has back hair though (ew), so we’ll be investing in laser hair removal one day? 😉 haha.
@Gingersnap: FI likes fruity drinks too. 🙂 He is totally shameless with it. haha. He doesn’t like beer, neither do I, but my step-sister is a bartender and thinks it’s hilarious. 🙂
Post # 16
I loved these too!
1. I used to be such a stubborn debater, but now I’m uber non-confrontational. And it makes me a little ashamed that I’m going soft. Ha.
2. I’m allergic to cats. But watching them on America’s Funniest Home Videos might make it worth having one for the humor!
3. I looooove board games. We own 34.
4. About 8 or 9 months ago something went wacky with my taste buds and now I hate the taste of fountain drinks. It’s so sad because I love me some Dr. Pepper.
5. I used to run cross country in high school and now I’m finally getting back into long distance by training for a half marathon.
1. He chews everything. I find pen bits, straw bits, bits of anything everywhere.
2. He’s a trivia buff. I’m always shocked at the range of crazy stuff he knows!
3. He openly admits that he loves the movie Singin in the Rain.
4. He wears shorts and flip flops year round. And khaki shorts, he hates denimn.
5. Rachel Ray is his nemisis. He’s a food writer/chef and he just can’t stand anything about her.
@AudzinLuv: I love crime dramas too!
@Crisark: Ahh, I hate those kind of noises like crazy too! And I’m completely planner obsessed.