(Closed) 5 NWR Random things about you & your SO: Feb. edition

posted 7 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
2091 posts
Buzzing bee

Me:

1. I have never seen a movie I didn’t like.

2. I drink way too much diet coke, it’s disturbing.

3. I have never had my nails done! I’ve also never gone without nail polish for more than an hour or so since I was eight years old.

4. I hate my name. Everyone tells me it’s pretty but it seems so plain to me. 

5. I read at an incredibly fast pace. I got through the last Harry Potter book in under 4 hours.

Him:

1. He pretends to love his orange hair, but is not-so-secretly wishing for it to turn brown like his father’s did.

2. He is obsessed with colognes. He has at least 15 now, and constantly talks about wanting to buy more.

3. He’ll eat anything. Anything.

4. He is the most friendly person I’ve ever met. I’ve never heard of anyone who doesn’t like him. (His “best friends” number around 20)

5. When we drink with his friends he’ll order beer to fit in with them, but he would really rather have a sugary girl drink. 

Post # 4
3012 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Me:

• I speak loud when I’m excited (typical Italian).  People always tell me to stop yelling, but I’m not yelling.  Just talking loud. 
  • I make a mean ass Sunday gravy (yet another Italian thing).
  • I am so upset that I can’t drink water at my desk at work.  I’m going to dehydrate.  I will never have time to go take a quick break to get in the water.  All I ever drink is water and it’s a lot during the day.
  • I was and still kind of obsessed with The Little Mermaid. Every Christmas and birthday presents for the first 7 years of my life contains pictures of me opening up The Little Mermaid gifts or wearing something related.  Yeah, I totally wanted to be Ariel growing up.
  • I sigh loudly and never realize that I do.  People constantly ask me what’s wrong or assume I’m upset/angry.

Him:

• He looks really good in gray.  Like whoa.
  • He loves a ton of mustard on his sammiches.  I thought I did until I met him.
  • The both of us were at the same concert before we met each other.  Totally fate. πŸ˜›
  • He’s going to live longer than me because he never stresses about a damn thing.
  • He’s blunt.  I love the fact that he doesn’t sugar coat things whatsoever.

Post # 5
7695 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

@AudzinLuv: I am the same with skirts/dresses! Recently Ive been wearing dresses with tights and boots – I just like feeling more womanly! My SIL went to UGA! DH is from GA – your mascot sounds disgusting!! My husband sounds the same as your FI – veryyy laid back! WHich balances out my temper too πŸ™‚

Me:

1. I hate going to bed without DH. If I do go to bed before him I usually have him stay with me until Im close to falling asleep.
2. I didn’t try cream cheese or sour cream until college
3. I used to live in California and want to go back really badly
4. I am a much better baker than cook
5. I love taking pictures but never have anything to take pictures of!

Him:

1. He is obsessed with Call of Duty and Civilization V
2. He has little hairs on his neck that I pluck and he gets soo pissed when I do it
3. He loves his Mazda 350Z so much that his license plate says “NoahsZ”
4. He has a twin sister who he is very close with
5. He is napping on the couch right now with our dog – and its really cute!!

Post # 6
7695 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

@DesireeAnne: my husband never stresses either and is also very blunt! I love it πŸ™‚

Post # 7
6893 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012

I’m bored, I’ll play. πŸ™‚ These aren’t going to be super interesting though, as I’m tired. :p

ME:

1. I’m obsessed with criminal-shows even though I know they have very little basis in reality. πŸ™‚ Think: Law & Order (any of them), Fairly Legal, The Closer, NCIS.

2. I could be a “professional reader” if only I got paid for it….The world is so unfair! Why can’t I just read novels all day? πŸ˜‰

3. I’m the oldest of 4. My youngest sister is only 7 – she was adopted 3 years ago.

4. I fully believe that we are “Debra & Raymond” from Everybody Loves Raymond. I really do think so.

5. I’m watching Dr. Phil, and I’m totally ashamed of myself. I’m judging like crazzzzyyyy.

HIM:

1. He’s obsessed with cars. Like, OBSESSED. He works on cars, cars are his favorite toys, he draws cars, he researches cars. I think he was a car in another life.

2. He is also a fanatic of the “crime shows” I mentioned above. And car shows. Go figure?

3. He thinks wedding planning is annoying; so do I.

4. He is the pickiest eater EVER. The man won’t eat anything!! No seafood. :/ Makes me sad.

5. I swear sometimes he is hairier than a gorilla. I kind of like it. πŸ˜‰

Post # 8
3012 posts
Sugar bee

@AmeliaBedelia: J hates seafood as well.  Big bummer.

@PitBulLover: Man, they’re going to have to keep each other company if we stress ourselves to death.  Hah.  I also hate going to bed without him.

Post # 9
6893 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@DesireeAnne: Yeah he gets all weird when I do. I loooove seafood/sushi/whathaveyou.

Post # 10
3012 posts
Sugar bee

@AmeliaBedelia: He bought me King crab legs last weekend and was helping me crack them.  I asked him to help crack the claw and he’s like “you eat that too?”  Too funny.

Post # 11
5572 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Oh how fun!!

Me:

1) Almost all of my favorite movies are classics with older actors (older sometimes= now dead, i.e. Cary Grant). FI makes fun of me because I always know movies that he has never heard of but that his dad loves.
2) I took piano lessons for 8 years and really love playing. We don’t have a piano now but my grandma is giving me her piano that I first learned to play on when I get married. She has been telling FI this since we first got together, I think that she felt like it would make him propose faster. It didn’t lol.
3) I turn absolutely everything into a mirror. Doors, cars, car windows, sunglasses, my iphone screen…everything. It can be very awkward when you think a car is empty and it turns out not to be.
4) My favorite breakfast ever is soggy toast (buttered bread cooked in the oven so the edges get crunchy but in the middle the butter just melts and gets “soggy”) and hot chocolate. I don’t let myself have it very often. I prefer most things barely cooked. I like it when things are still just a little doughy.
5) I hate driving. I half an hour commute both ways every day and I detest it. If anyone else is with me at any time they are the ones driving. I get very very frustrated.

Him:
1) He eats the same thing for breakfast and lunch every work day. Cereal for breakfast (he switches between different brands) and a peanut butter/honey sandwich, capri sun, string cheese and yogurt for lunch. If there is no milk for his cereal it is not a good day.
2) He has never bought clothes for himself. His Mom still gives him clothes when she has the opportunity and he hates shopping because of this.
3) He can listen to almost any song and tell you who sings it. Weird.
4) He is very straightforward. He’ll tell you what he’s thinking or his opinion on something honestly without worrying about how you’ll react. He gets frustrated when I ask him if he’s sure about something because, in his mind, he wouldn’t have said/agreed to something if he wasn’t sure.
5) His best friend is his Dad. It’s adorable.

Post # 12
2192 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Oh fun..

ME:

1. I am super weird about noises…like when ppl smack their lips, crumple the bag of potato chips, “pop” their gum…all these sounds drive me insane!

2. I change my hair color at least once every 2 months at max.

3. I love getting tattoos but am really scared of needles…not the best couple hours when it’s time for a new one lol

4. Am a reality tv fanatic. Esp, about ghost stuff!

5. Am obsessed with my daily planner! If something needs done it has to go in the planner! lol

HIM:

1. He knows everything about sports…seriously I think everything!

2. He hates that he’s balding but refuses to just shave his head….like he thinks it’s all going to come back or something??

3. He “secretly” plays with my hair before he falls asleep when he thinks I’m asleep πŸ™‚

4. He hates butter…will eat plain toast….or plain noodles…so weird

5. He is the calmest person I have ever met. He hardly ever stresses about stuff…totally keeps me sane!

Post # 14
371 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@AudzinLuv: We watched a lot of iCarly while visiting my family in New York…it’s our guilty pleasure too.

Post # 15
6893 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@AudzinLuv: Haha no, back hair is where we draw the line. πŸ™‚ He’s just got a very healthy dose of chest hair and he has facial hair. TOTALLY to my liking. :)His Dad has back hair though (ew), so we’ll be investing in laser hair removal one day? πŸ˜‰ haha.

And

@Gingersnap: FI likes fruity drinks too. πŸ™‚ He is totally shameless with it. haha. He doesn’t like beer, neither do I, but my step-sister is a bartender and thinks it’s hilarious. πŸ™‚

Post # 16
1801 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I loved these too! 

About Me:

1. I used to be such a stubborn debater, but now I’m uber non-confrontational.  And it makes me a little ashamed that I’m going soft.  Ha.

2. I’m allergic to cats.  But watching them on America’s Funniest Home Videos might make it worth having one for the humor!

3. I looooove board games.  We own 34. 

4. About 8 or 9 months ago something went wacky with my taste buds and now I hate the taste of fountain drinks.  It’s so sad because I love me some Dr. Pepper.

5. I used to run cross country in high school and now I’m finally getting back into long distance by training for a half marathon.

About Him:

1. He chews everything.  I find pen bits, straw bits, bits of anything everywhere.

2. He’s a trivia buff.  I’m always shocked at the range of crazy stuff he knows!

3. He openly admits that he loves the movie Singin in the Rain.

4. He wears shorts and flip flops year round.  And khaki shorts, he hates denimn.

5. Rachel Ray is his nemisis.  He’s a food writer/chef and he just can’t stand anything about her.

@AudzinLuv: I love crime dramas too! 

@Crisark: Ahh, I hate those kind of noises like crazy too!  And I’m completely planner obsessed.

The topic ‘5 NWR Random things about you & your SO: Feb. edition’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors