5 or 7 stones wedding band??

posted 3 years ago in Proposals
Post # 2
344 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

pinkgurl86:  I am getting a 7 stone band, and I picked that over the 5 mainly for finger coverage. I am a 5.5, so my fingers were a little bigger than yours.

My band is much closer to .5 carats, as my round solitaire is just under 1 carat. I wanted bling, but I didn’t want so much that it would take away from my e-ring. I feel that if I were to do the same size in a 5 stone, with the stones being much bigger, it would detract, but that is also personal opinion.

I think that a 5 stone 1.5 carat would be bulky to me, but that doesn’t mean its too bulky for you. You just have to go with personal preference. If you love the way it looks when you have both rings on, then go with the 5 stone. I suggest at least trying on a 7 stone with the same total cw just to see if you might like it a little better. The size of the stones would be changed just a little bit, and you might find you like the size proportions more. But again, it’s totally going to be up to you and personal preference.

Post # 3
8282 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

Go with the band with bigger diamonds in my opinion. 

Post # 4
795 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I did a seven, that way it covers my finger as far as the eye can see

Post # 6
17 posts
Newbee

I have a 1.2 cushion cut with a 7 stone 1 ct band. I wear a size 5.

Post # 7
26 posts
Newbee

pinkgurl86:  Definitely a 5 stone ring for you!

– your ring size will make it impossible to size an “off the shelf” 7 stone ring. Please don’t let anyone tell you differently. Standard ladies rings are size 7 (give or take half a size). You downsize the ring, you’d be changing the entire structure of the ring, including where the stones are set. That means you risk loosing stones later.

– 7 stones would be to wide for your finger size and it would be uncomfortable, unless you pick really small diamonds

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors