5 weeks and 5 days pregnant, should I be having more symptoms?

posted 2 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll:
  • Post # 2
    9529 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2013

Try not to worry! The symptoms you’re describing are perfectly normal. Morning sickness doesn’t usually kick into full force this early and some women have perfectly healthy pregnancys with no morning sickness at all. The stress and worry is not good for you or baby and you’ve got another 35 weeks to go! So try to take a deep breath and relax. Find something soothing that you can do to calm your nerves. Maybe curl up with some hot chocolate and a blankie and watch the snow for awhile. 

Post # 3
    3756 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

I’m 27 weeks pregnant and I did not have even a day of morning sickness. I had the other symptoms you described but even those were mild. I totally understand your desire to feel SOMETHING that lets you know you’re pregnant, but for some women that just doesn’t happen. I am one of them! Count your lucky stars and enjoy every day that you feel good, often times MS sets in a bit later, 6, 7, 8 weeks along. Congrats!

Post # 4
    8592 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2013

ZoeCarroll:  I’m not sure why you want more symptoms…it seems like you are having plenty!  I didn’t have any consistent symtpoms that early.  You should enjoy not having MS!  I didn’t have regular symptoms until 8 weeks and then I had extreme fatigue and MS about 8-16/17 weeks.  A lot of people have nausea but don’t actually throw up.  Even when I had MS, sometimes I’d throw up and sometimes I wouldn’t, I would just feel nauseated.

Post # 5
    364 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2013

ZoeCarroll:  I am 18 weeks and have never had morning sickness either. Almost all of my symptoms have been very mild.  I am not even showing yet:(  So I understand your concern over lack of symptoms, it has been a conern of mine as well, but so far every appointment I have had shows normal development.  So try not to stress TOO much!

Post # 6
    219 posts
    Helper bee

With this pregnancy, I was 10 weeks before I felt my first wave of nausea. And that was because I had taken two plane rides across the country that day and was about to get on a cruise ship. The nausea hit me after I got off of the second plane – most likely because I was no longer flying at 300 MPH or however fast they go. The first time I actually threw up due to MS was about the 14 week mark. I only threw up about 5 times or so over the next few weeks (14 – 18 weeks pregnant).

Early in my pregnancy, I worried too that I didn’t have that many symptoms. Please don’t worry – many women don’t get morning sickness at all. 🙂

Post # 7
    509 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

ZoeCarroll:  if its your first pregnancy, its normal to worry. Heck its normal to worry during your 10th pregnancy. But it sounds like you have plenty of symptoms. Try to enjoy the rest of your trip (I think I read in another post that you are on your honeymoon?) And know that right now, you ARE pregnant. Please do not wish for morning sickness/NVP, it is horrible for some us and can be debilitating. It would be for me if it weren’t for prescription meds which I really wish I didn’t need to take on a daily basis.

Congrats!

Post # 8
    4410 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

Your symptoms sound right on to me. Some women have no symptoms at all — like all those baffling “I didn’t know I was pregnant!” people. So, don’t worry. 

In my first pregnancy, morning sickness hit at about 6 weeks. Just hope that you don’t have it — some women don’t. 

Post # 9
    2594 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

ZoeCarroll:  That sounds like quite a lot of symptoms for not even 6 weeks! And also about how I was feeling when I was newly pregnant. I definitely had the most nausea and vomiting starting around 8 weeks that eased up about 14 weeks. Congrat, good luck and don’t worry- worrying will not change the outcome of your pregnancy!

Post # 10
    894 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

ZoeCarroll:  It’s just as normal not to have crazy symptoms as it is to have them.  I had basically what you have, and it only eased up as the first tri went on.  Now, by 16 weeks, I’m nearly symptom free, minus the belly and weight lol.  However, everything is totally fine and normal.  Everyone handles pregnancy differently, so enjoy the fact that you don’t have anything crazy 🙂

Post # 11
    2593 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2009

I’m currently 30 weeks pregnant.  I had a lot of nausea, (but no throwing up) from about week 5 or 6 to week 11 or 12.  One of my coworkers has two kids, and never had a single day of feeling sick with either of them.  My other coworker was sick her entire pregnancy.  

Every person is different, and pregnancies can be completely different for the same individual.  So don’t panic just because you don’t have every possible symptom on this list. 

Post # 12
    1566 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

ZoeCarroll:  I am 13 weeks and have had no MS issues except for one morning last week that might have been due to something I ate instead of MS. 

No pukeyness, nausea, or otherwise.

Post # 13
    2614 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

ZoeCarroll:  Your symptoms describe mine exactly but mine are not as bad! I’m 8 weeks 2 days and saw the heartbeat today so all is good! I had lots of morning sickness on a previous pregnancy that ended in mc. 

Post # 14
    2052 posts
    Buzzing bee

Some women just don’t get morning sickness. In my family, most of the women don’t get morning sickness which has led to more than one woman in not realizing she was pregnant until about 4-5 months.

Post # 15
    2782 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 2013

ZoeCarroll:  The first time I was pregnant, the only symptoms I had so early was peeing often- and I was so busy that I didn’t even notice it at first.  Everything kicked in about 6-7 weeks.  I had NO morning sickness during that pregnancy at all- felt super tired which made me feel kinda sick, but no actual morning sickness.

For this pregnancy, I had symptoms a little earlier (5-6 weeks), major food aversions + nausea, but again, no actual vomiting- if that’s how you want to define morning sickness.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors