5 weeks and no symptoms

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
7188 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2013

There’s not really a “normal” when it comes to pregnancy. Everyone’s experience is different. I wouldn’t worry. I didn’t even know I was pregnant until I was 6 weeks.

Post # 4
4468 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

@amyj1276:  I think you are lucky, but as pp said, there is no “normal” for pregnancy. You can always call your doctor with your concerns and they might schedule you for an early ultrasound to make sure everything is ok.

Post # 5
3514 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

@amyj1276:  I wouldn’t worry much I didn’t have any true symptoms until about 5 weeks as well.

Post # 6
2620 posts
Sugar bee

Have two small kids of my own and let me tell you…

nausea didn’t even kick in until the 6th or 7th week. I had no cravings all throughout also. Never had sore breasts (in fact, my boobs did not change at all, like seriously).  Everyone is so different.  Lack of symptoms does not mean you should worry.

Post # 7
8483 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

I wouldn’t be worried, some people go through the whole thing with no nausea and minimal symptoms.  There’s no real normal. 

I didn’t have any symptoms until about 6 weeks and even at that time I only had them for 2 days (nausea twice, tired once) and then they were gone.  A week after that I had a bit of a food aversion to something I made but no nausea, I just couldn’t eat it.  My symptoms (MS, extreme fatigue) didn’t kick in fully until around 8 weeks and then lasted until 16 weeks.  My boobs are still the same size  at 23 weeks (I’m comfortably in my same bra anyway) though they recently got a little fuller/heavier.  You never know what you’ll get.

Post # 8
11668 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@amyj1276:  Congrats! I’m sure you’re symptoms are on their way! Enjoy feeling great while you can! 😉 If you end up not having any symptoms, there’s nothing to be concerned about – you’re just lucky and I’m jealous!

Post # 9
1965 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I bet in a week or two you will think you jinxed yourself by writing this post!

Post # 10
613 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I wouldn’t worry.  I am around 31 weeks now, and never had any symptoms except being tired starting around 8 or 9 weeks.  I never got sick, my boobs didn’t get huge, and I still don’t get cravings.  Consider yourself lucky, at least for now!

Post # 11
7654 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

@amyj1276:  I understand why you would want to worry, but you probably don’t need to. I had symptoms and then they disappeared very early on (I want to say 8 weeks), and while everyone was throwing up, I was worried because I wasn’t. Still have a healthy baby boy growing inside, so it truly just depends on the person.

Post # 12
1343 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I completely understand worrying. Around 5 weeks I wasn’t feeling any “symptoms”. Especially no morning sickness. 

The only things I did notice (which were retrospective) were: 

1- Crazy dreams 

Example: I had a dream that I was Jessica Day from the show New Girl and Nick had gotten me pregnant. I went to take the test and I simply touched it with my hand and it turned positive. (Looking back, I think it was a sign) 

2- Around 3/4 weeks I was on a cruise. I felt a massive wave of exhaustion that I have never felt before in my life. I attributed it to being on a boat with all of the rocking; however, it could have been the fact I was making life!

Really, those were it up until about week 6! Try not to worry so much about the symptoms! Especially this early, anxiety sucks! Rest assured, you will get some symptoms. Every pregnancy with every woman is different! 

Post # 13
218 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Post # 15
557 posts
Busy bee

enjoy it. week 6 hit me like a ton of bricks!!!!!!!!!

Post # 16
352 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

@amyj1276:  I’m in week 11 and have had very mild symptoms. Mostly, I’ve only had extreme hunger and very sensitive breasts. Just this week my gag reflex has been sensitive but besides that, no symptoms!! Congrats!!!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors