5 weeks until I'm on a beach…not bikini ready

posted 3 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
1437 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

@mrsalexander: Sadly the only thing that keeps me motivated to go to the gym is having a workout buddy. Thankfully for me, that’s my fiance! And he’s always motivated to go, even when I’m not.

Do you have a friend you can partner up with? Or maybe your FI/husband is looking to tone up as well?

ETA: While working out is certainly integral to a healthy body, if you are looking to drop pounds fast, you’ll see a much faster result by reducing your calorie intake than you will from working out. Of couse, doing the two at the same time is ideal. 🙂

Post # 4
8071 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

@mrsalexander:  I started doing weight watchers and its awesome! You could totally lose 10 lbs in 5 weeks.

It sounds like you are already quite fit- amazing you do bootcamp 2x a week and dance class! so in your (and most peoples cases) its true that “fitness starts in the kitchen”.

Post # 5
3625 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@mrsalexander:  Do you run? If so, that is my slim down cure. If not, try couch to 5k. It, along with bootcamp, will do wonders.

I also find that for me, not everyone, but high fiber vegetarian diets are the only way for me to slim down. If I eat beans, almond butter, veggies, and rice, I look much firmer a week or two later.

Post # 6
8917 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

Diet is 80% of weight loss or gain.  I’d do the South Beach Diet or something similar… it’s healthy but effective.  2 weeks of very low carb (no sugar, alcohol, grain, starchy veggies, fruit, or fatty protein – lots of lean protein and vegetables) and then 3 weeks low-carb but with some whole grains and fruit.  You could easily drop 10+ pounds and debloat in 5 weeks.

PS, I’ve totally put on close to 10 pounds since my wedding too.  DAMN.  I’m getting back to being serious about it after the Superbowl 🙂

Post # 7
8071 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

@lolot:  ugh the damned superbowl! I planned SUCH healthy eating out for this week and then forgot about the imminate invasion and subsequent devouring of: 7 layer dip, wings, mini egg rolls, pigs in a blanket etc etc etc etc.

Post # 8
2063 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

17 day diet is my cure all for weight loss. despite the name it is actually not a crazy fad diet. it’s a book written by a doctor and it is just really clean, smart eating. the first 17 days you eat just lean proteins, fruits & veggies. (i’m over simplifying it). the second phase you can add starches back in every other day and not after 2pm. the third phase you add in even more foods. i always lose a ton of weight in the first 17 days… a lot of it is water weight but by keeping up the smart, clean eating, i managed to lose 20 lbs from oct-dec. with your exercise routine this should be a piece of cake for you in 5 weeks.

now if someone could give me tips of how to get bikini ready in 8 days, i’d be extremely appreciative 😛

Post # 9
765 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@mrsalexander:  Drink water. Lots of water. Dehydration can make it hard to lose the weight.Try to keep your diet with minimal sodium which causes bloat, so lay off the salty foods like chips and such.

Also. GO HAVE FUN and if you don’t make whatever goal you have set for yourself, remind yourself that you will a.)never see those people again on the beach and b.) you are on the beach!! How fabulous! At 16 weeks pregnant, I would happily trade places with you, horrible bikini body and all!!!

Post # 10
40 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: February 2016

It’s great you’re trying to become healthier, but I read somewhere that the best way to get a bikini body is to put a bikini on your body. You don’t have to look like a Sports Illustrated model – just be comfortable in your own skin.

I’m headed to Hawaii in 4 weeks, so have also been hitting the gym and watching what I eat. That said, I’m not going to stress about wearing a bikini because who cares what anyone else thinks about my body? It’s their problem, not mine.

Just my opinion. Keep up the good work!

Post # 11
5295 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

@mrsalexander:  Lucky! Have you tried running? honestly this is the only thing that helps me get a flat stomache for bikini time  

Post # 13
5204 posts
Bee Keeper

Sounds like you are working out a fair bit, and if you want to see a change in a few weeks you’ll either have to go extreme with working out (P90x daily?) or modify your diet.

For me cutting carbs works better than cutting calories, but I think everyone’s body is different.

Post # 14
11772 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

+1 on running, +10000000 on water!

And of course, +100 on weight being 80% diet.

Post # 15
5295 posts
Bee Keeper

@mrsalexander: I realized after I wrote it that carinval is like in 2 weeks and you wrote you are going in 5 weeks oops! That is awesome your husband has family there means you could hopefully go one year to carnival!!! I would love to go! Try running its has honestly changed my body so much it’s insane  

Post # 16
1625 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@mrsalexander:  I hope you don’t take offense to this, because I don’t mean any! But this is one of my favorite things:

🙂

As for your actual questions, drink water, avoid salt, keep doing what you’re doing!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors