(Closed) 5 year wedding anniversary gift ideas, I want an anniversary ring

posted 6 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
1505 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I don’t think you’re being selfish at all!  Five years is a big deal–I heard in many ways these are the most difficult years of marriage, as well as the most fulfilling.

Since you don’t wear a wedding ring or your engagement ring, why not ask for a 5 stone ring featuring diamonds or gemstones for you 5 year anniversary gift?  You could pick the gemstone of the month you were married (or met, or whichever is just your favorite) if you don’t want to splurge on an all diamond ring.  You could even wear it as a RHR if you’d rather not have anything on your left ring finger. 

I’m sure he’ll be understanding since it sounds like you aren’t materialistic and haven’t celebrated a wedding anniversary with gifts. 

Post # 4
700 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2004

the 5 year anniversary is the sapphire anniversary! I plan on asking for a big fat sapphire and diamond anniversary ring for my right hand when ours gets here ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 6
2118 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I don’t think it’s selfish that you want a gift, but if your H doesn’t want to do physical gifts maybe you should be thoughtful of that. 

Have you tried talking to him about it all? He might not care too much about not getting a gift himself, but would be completely fine with you getting a gift.

I guess I just kind of feel like if you aren’t really exchanging gifts, what’s the point?

Post # 7
1505 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Oh, I misread!  I think a stacked looked would be great!  There are lots of great and affordable eternity ring options that would look lovely next to a plain band ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 9
4714 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 1998

Not selfish at all girl you get your ring and you enjoy every second of the experience!!!

Post # 10
5495 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

OP: Post your wedding band so we can see? ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 11
3801 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I think this is a great idea! I dont think you are being selfish.

I really like @6598731ssfse3:‘s idea with the 5 stone band.

Post # 12
1628 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Not selfish at all.

Get him an experience if he doesn’t want “stuff”! Tickets to a game for you two, a helicopter ride, motorcycle lessons, etc.

Post # 13
103 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I don’t think it sounds selfish at all. Why don’t you pick out a ring and run it by him? Do you have anything in mind? Or a budget? I don’t think I could resist doing a little window shopping. Have you heard of Hearts On Fire? They have some amazing diamond rings but their stuff can be expensive ๐Ÿ™

Post # 14
10288 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011

I don’t necessarily think that it’s selfish to want something new but I’m not generally a fan of dictating the gifts that people give you. If you casually mention it to your husband and he takes the bait then awesome but I wouldn’t pressure him into getting you this ring. Doing so wouldn’t be any different than your initial engagement ring that you don’t feel sentimental towards. Sure, maybe he’ll have more involvement choosing this ring but you still would have pushed him to get it which kind of defeats the purpose if you ask me. 

ETA: As for his gift, I personally prefer experiences over tangible items when it comes to anniversaries (like concert tickets, tickets to see his favorite team play, take him skydiving or bungee jumping if that’s something he’s always wanted to do, go on vacation, etc…). This October will be our first anniversary and we’re going to Mexico for a week. 

The topic ‘5 year wedding anniversary gift ideas, I want an anniversary ring’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors