5 years long relationship ended!

posted 3 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
1041 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

I’m sorry this happened. The truth is, it takes a long time to heal from something like that. Longer if you keep in contact. I do think it is definitely possible to find love again, but I don’t think it’s something you can just jump right into. First, your heart has to grieve for the loss you are suffering now. It’s normal to have ups and downs, to feel great and then break down crying again, to question if this was right. All I can say is you need time. Eventually you will love again. Someone who deserves you and won’t hurt you. But it is very hard to love someone new if your heart is still with your ex. I think the best way to move on is a clean break. Don’t communicate with him. Surround yourself with loved ones, and focus on yourself. Love will find you when you are ready for it.

Post # 4
290 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

@Nishtha:  Here’s the thing, this only just happened and it was a shock so it is going to take you time to see it from any other point of view. You know what they say about hind sight being 20/20? Well I am sure you will find this is the case. I don’t know what kind of a relationship you had but yes, you can find love again, you are still really young!

I sympathise with you for the position you are in, especially considering you are being pressured by your family to marry but I also admire you for standing your ground and not taking him back so quickly. I would give him space, explain that you want to take some time out and if he continues to call ignore his calls because you need your space too. Maybe it will work for the two of you, maybe it wont. Right now it will consume your life because he was a big part of your life for so long but there will be better days ahead…..it just takes some time and patience.

Take care of yourself. Remember, how you feel and what you want matters, don’t make decisions that come from a place of fear. I found my true love and now FI at age 27!

Post # 7
1041 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

That does make it very difficult! I know what you mean about how you are so much a part of each other’s lives that it makes it incredibly difficult without that right now. I just hope you have a good support system. I know when I went through a bad breakup that seemed to come from no where I kept the idea in my head for a long time that some day some how we would end up together. It didn’t happen, I met someone so much more amazing who loves me for all I am and who treats me how I deserve, but then for that time I guess I just needed to think that. It will get better, but slowly. I guess it’s all just such a shock right now. It wasn’t really fair to you. I just hope he doesn’t lead you on at all. 🙁 I’m wishing you the best.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors