(Closed) 5+ years of waiting!!

posted 6 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
336 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

Hang in there! I am in the same boat as you, it’ll be 7 years this September for my SO and I and I am also 26. Have you guys had the marriage talk? Do you know his views on it? I have had my meltdowns but we have also had our most constructive talks during some of them and I totally know that my SO will do it, I just have to be patient. You can’t put a timeline on love, you can put a timeline on when and if your are ready to walk away but giving ultimatims isn’t the best thing, it causes resentment. I would definately have a serious talk with him and ask him point blank why he is waiting so long, does he have commitment issues, scared… etc. Not just a meltdown talk but a serious, constructive talk with no crying. I found when I did that witth my SO, I got more honest answers, even though I didn’t neccesarly like it (be patient.. hate that answer!)

Hope that helps, even a bit. As for hoping on vacations, I totally get that. My SO and i vacation twice a year and i’m always like, maybe this is the time. Never is though, so when I get bitter in Mexico, I just drink more 😀 That usually brightens my spirits!

The topic ‘5+ years of waiting!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors