$500 Budget for a Ring

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
914 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

• @jessjlstar:  Are you open to a pre-owned ring?  Where are you on Moissanite?  WE CAN HELP!

Post # 4
242 posts
Helper bee

Definitely check Etsy! Mine’s a 1ct equiv moissanite (not sure if you’re open to that) and was under your budget 🙂

Post # 7
3514 posts
Sugar bee
Post # 8
242 posts
Helper bee

@jessjlstar: Obsessories Studios but it looks like she’s on vacation… In any case, we looked for the ring together and just kept searching “vintage moissanite” and “Celtic moissanite” and finally found this one. Plus, many sellers are willing to customize things a bit if you see something you love, but want a few potential changes!

Post # 9
1870 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2006

If you’re open to pre-owned, this was an ebay find, and $250 below your budget:

It’s 0.52ct princess cut diamond, white gold, G colour, VVS1 clarity.

Post # 10
658 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@jessjlstar:  Mine is an estate ring, and I LOVE it.  No clue who had it before me.  I like to imagine it was a couple who had a happy marriage of 80 years. 🙂  It’s over your budget, but wanted to encourage you to give used rings a chance! 🙂

Post # 11
914 posts
Busy bee

@jessjlstar:  You can easily do a moissy for a carat or so right under 500$.  I have a 14k white gold tiffany-repro setting classic solitaire 1 carat moissy that I paid like 450 for.  It’s PERFECTION.  And depending on where you get it, FI could break it into an easy-pay agreement!

Post # 15
525 posts
Busy bee

I have to put a word in for estate / preowned. I think you could have a lot of fun searching and find a really great ring. Those are some of my favorites on these boards and I look at a lot of rings, lol. 

Post # 16
285 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

@jessjlstar:  Have you looked into Moissanite at all? It really is a beautiful stone. Check out Moissaniteco.com or check around Etsy.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors