1 bride

13 boutinerres.

I paid $700 for fresh flowers.

$500 for silk ones is INSANE! LOL

Post # 4
252 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

PS Michales has 40% coupons. You can get them on your phone with their app. You can run in and out of the store 50 times and use the coupon for hte flowers and maybe save 40% on everything? It’s time confusming, but if you space it out over a few days, and hve a few people help, you can get it done.

Post # 6
31 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2013

I would have TOTALLY gone for fresh flowers for everything, if I could afford it.  Unfortunately, for our ceremony, I was quoted anywhere from $1200-$3000 to do this huge arbor/arch we will be standing under.  FORGET THAT.  I am going with fresh for the centerpieces and wedding party, and fresh petals for scattering, but I am doing the arbor myself with silk flowers.  The catch is that there is no way I can do it the day of, and working and wiring fresh flowers into that arch would be a nightmare for me.  I am creative and capable, but I am not a florist.  We are doing it the morning before, and the silk flowers will last until the following evening no problem- no wilting or drooping there. 

Altogether, at Hobby Lobby, I spent about $300 on greenery and various silk flowers to wire together at home, including various sizes of very realistic-looking, cream roses and rosebuds.  The flowers were 50% off, and their sales rotate, so I just waited until they went on sale and then I went and bought every pretty rose they had.  What I’m going to DO with this after the wedding, I have no idea, but I’m really happy with the silk flowers I got.  They are beautiful. 

I think Hobby Lobby has a website, and they do run 40% off one item coupons regularly, that you can use over and over again.  Some of the flowers don’t look AS real- for instance, the hot pink and turquoise ones?  But there were a ton to choose from that did look real, particularly from a distance.  I took pictures on my cell phone and could not tell the difference if I didn’t know any better.

Post # 7
8418 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

@raziel1687:  I did my flowers for $320 from fiftyflowers and costco.  I had aisle decor, 2 altar arrangements, my bouquet, 2 BMs, 2 nosegays, toss, and petals for my tables.

Post # 8
50 posts
Worker bee

I ordered crepe paper flowers from mazziflowers on Etsy.  Her stuff is amazing, if you go to facebook under mazziflowers you can see my whole set of flowers.  I got my bridal bouquet, 3 bridesmaid bouquets, 3 jr bridesmaid bouqets, 2 bouquets for my mom and future mother in law, 6 corsages, 8 bouttenaires, and 12 centerpieces and including shipping it was under $500 and the flowers are amazing!!!!  definitely worth checking in to!!! she’s in Poland, but her work is fabulous!!!Laughing

Post # 10
1640 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - Rustic mill, historical site

I ordered all of my flowers online, I went with natural touch flowers, so they look and feel REAL, I swear.    I probably paid about 200 dollars for my centerpiece flowers, my boutonnières and corsages, my bm’s bouquets, and about 30 long stem orange calla lillies.  I bought from a few different places and had them all shipped to my friend in Vermont and I drove down to get them in a few different batches.

Save-on-crafts (their shipping is high though) 

Flowers-by-design

Afloral

Those were the ones I used.

Post # 11
1640 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - Rustic mill, historical site

THEN I got lazy and found this site, and just ordered my own bouquet instead of using all the flowers I already had, haha.   I’m going to use the ones I already have to make my throw bouquet, and decorate around the hall, so it won’t be wasted.

This is my bouquet

And I ordered from here, she does wonderful work.

http://www.sharonnagassardesigns.com/Bridal%20Packages.html

Post # 12
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Check out afloral.com. I got all my flowers from there and I did 17 centerpieces, church decor, 4 bridesmaid bouquets, my bouquet, 6 boutineers and 2 corsages! Everyone said they flowers were amazing and looked real!

Post # 13
105 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

You can do fabric bouquets if you are crafty. It is time consuming, but fun, and the best part is that they make great keepsakes. You can easily find wholesale fabric flowers or even make them yourself. I personally am not comfortable spending a lot of money on flowers that will only wilt and die. I just think the fabric/brooch bouquets are so lovely.

I am in the process of making my 4 bridesmaids and bridal fabric bouquet. Once I get all my materials, my bouquet will cost me $30.00 and the bridesmaids $15.00.

Post # 14
105 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I forgot to add that I am almost done with a mock-up bridesmaid bouquet. Im going to add a little more to it.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors