500-ish days out – what's surprised you so far?

posted 1 month ago in September 2018
Post # 2
227 posts
Helper bee

I would give them a little more time before writing them off as not wanting your business.  It is wedding season right now and some vendors have multiple weddings a week from now until the fall and are incredibly busy.

Post # 3
256 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

I also had the experience of not hearing back from vendors. This included venues, DJs, and photographers. I submitted to their inquiry box and never heard back from half! This was months ago. It worked out ok, I love the vendors I did get!

Post # 5
445 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

Nothing much has suprised me, yet. I booked all my major vendors over the last few months (venue, photo+video, hair+makeup, DJ, photo booth, transportation, house we’re renting for the weekend, catering, officient, florest, etc). I knew the earlier the better and my area seems to book fast as well.

I’m in a lull right now and haven’t done a ton since. Starting working on a few things here and there but nothing major, and probably nothing else will be done for a few months. 

Post # 6
342 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

It’s surprised me how quickly we chose our venue (it was only the second one of three that we saw) and now I’m having a hard time choosing a photographer. I guess I was thinking this would be the easy part but I’m finding it so hard. There’s too many I like and the more I meet with the more I like – I think I need to just choose lol – anyone else?

Post # 7
435 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

I have found it so hard to find a ceremony venue for a civil wedding service that has capacity for 100 people! Even some of the parks we have enquired have been strict on numbers. 

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors