(Closed) $5,000 budget for a wedding?? Is that possible

posted 7 years ago in Money
Post # 3
4653 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I think its possile but you have to know where you want to spend your money and stick to your budget and have a small guest list… 80 might be doable but if you were trying to do 150 id say no…

But there are TONS of posts on here on how to do a budget wedding!

And for finding your caterer you would probably have better luck posting that question in your local board!

Post # 4
1124 posts
Bumble bee

Our wedding is under that for 60 people, so definitely doable. Other bees around here are doing 100+ with a similar or slightly bigger budget.

Post # 5
6015 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: March 2012

I hope so that’s what our budget is!  Thank god we aren’t anywhere NY I have no idea how those girls do it!

Post # 6
1573 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

of course, anythings possible, time to put on that creativity hat; may be more like finger foods though to feed that amount

Post # 7
29 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2012

is the $5k only for food/catering? if its for all other expenses as well then i’d say probably not. i recommend partyworks, etc. she is very great with clients on a budget. check her out partyworksfoods.com. she’s excellent and great service!! hope this helps!!

Post # 8
160 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

It is doable – get advice here and if you are crafty grab your girls and DIY a lot of things – you can save lots of money that way!  Also – don’t fall in love with a dress that is over your alloted money because it will be hard to say no!  I went and tried dresses on at salons then ordered off plussizebridal.com  and saved about $200!  I happen to be plus size but they have all sizes there.  Also I ordered centerpiece items and favors from myweddingreceptionideas.com and it was so cheap I couldn’t believe it!  We were able to get entire center pieces for 10 tables for $50!

Post # 9
29 posts
Newbee

is the $5k only for food/catering? if its for all other expenses as well then i’d say probably not. i recommend partyworks, etc. she is very great with clients on a budget. check her out partyworksfoods.com. she’s excellent and great service!! hope this helps!!

Post # 9
29 posts
Newbee

Post # 10
5110 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2011

Its possible BUT you have to do your homework you have to shop around and alot of diy will help!!

Post # 11
143 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

no. sorry. I just don’t think it can be done for under 5,000 for 80 people….

Post # 12
3601 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 1992

It can be done, but you might have get over wanting the buffet.

Post # 13
39 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I did 8000 for 50 in LA. I used stonefire grill for catering and it was fantastic. About 10-12/per person which included  tri tip, chicken, mac and cheese, grilled veggies, mashed potatoes, salad, breadsticks. check them out! very professional and brought their own linens etc for the buffet. 

Post # 14
353 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@dfurst: I agree. 

If you were in the Midwest I would say you probably could, but a $5000.00 wedding budget in L.A.?  The only way I can see that happening is a backyard wedding without much decor.  Folding chairs, a bbq, that sort of thing.. and you’d have to do it all yourself.  Renting tents costs a ton, so you might have to do without that too.

Post # 15
1810 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I’m sure it can be done. I’m in Orange County, not too far from you, and we could have done that if push came to shove.

I think you just have to prioritize what is most important to you and your FH: Booze, food, flowers, photography? Then start from there. Flowers and expensive photography wasn’t a priority for me– I wanted booze, good food and a fun venue, so I skimped on the flowers/photography. Also, we didn’t do favors, skimped on extra decor (because our venue is the decor), found really good deals on the little things like cake toppers, cake knife and servers sets, guestbook, etc. If you need any ideas on little cheap things like that, PM me. 🙂

The topic ‘$5,000 budget for a wedding?? Is that possible’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors