50KG in 10 Months – Please help I would like to lose 50KG (110.231 pounds)

posted 2 years ago in Fitness
Post # 2
172 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

Hi @Beedoglady I am not sure which country you are in, but a great plan that I have used to lose 10kg in 3 months (and many more for others in more months) is Michelle Bridges 12WBT.

She gives you a meal plan (following that alone will help you lose weight) and exercise plans to fit everyone’s need, whether you want to workout at home, the gym or in the park. She combines weights and cardio to increase muscle building and fat burning for optimal results – though of course you need to work at it! I also loved the community of the fellow 12WBTers. We even had a local group who would get together and exercise on saturday mornings. The program also includes weekly mindset lessons to make sure you’re on the right track. I found that this system she uses was great to follow for every day life too and I haven’t put the weight back on! 

The only downside was that if you follow the meal plan exactly you spend a bit of money since you buy a large item to use only a small amount. What I ended up doing was altering the meal plan so I used the same ingredients – usually meant eating the same meal multiple times a week or freezing some for later. 

Post # 4
6741 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2010

It would be hard to lose that much weight in that period of time- barring serious illness! I have lost 20kg (44lbs)  in the last 10 months- and I feel like it’s been a healthy process. I used MyFitness Pal and do 30 minutes of some type of exercise for 30 minutes 6 out of 7 days a week.

Post # 5
6273 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

i know a woman who lost 100 lbs in on year.  rule of thumb is 1-2 lbs per week.

but you have to work hard, a good mix of cardio and weights.  and eat properly.

good luck.

Post # 7
11722 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Get the book “The New Rules of Lifting for Women.”  It will teach you technique and give you routines to do.  Cardio is important, but building muscle through weight lifting will help you burn fat faster, as muscle metabolizes fat faster. 

MyFitnessPal is great for accountability and really seeing what you’re eating.  If you’re truly eating as clean as you say, you’re going to need to really cut back on portions.  You should be eating 5-6 small meals a day, at approximately 300 calories each, to keep your blood sugar constant and your metabolism cranking away.

Good luck!

Post # 8
172 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

Just remember to listen to your body and eat healthy combined with weights and cardio. Weights really help! And they help with keeping the skin nice and tight too instead of sagging with the weight loss. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors