5'1" 140pounds

posted 3 years ago in Dress
  • poll: which dress style is more flattering on me!?
    dropped waist pics 3&4 : (42 votes)
    56 %
    ball gown pics 1&2 : (33 votes)
    44 %
  • Post # 3
    8518 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: April 2014

I dont think that second dress is a ballgown. But whatever it is, I like it better on you.

Post # 4
    1064 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2016

confused by poll, cause i see 1 & 2 as a ballgown, not 3 & 4 ? I like the 2nd one shown with the less poofier skirt. they are both pretty but i think that one is more flattering on you, esp for height. both pretty tho!

Post # 6
    1433 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2016 - Gorse Hill, Surrey, UK

The second one looks amazing on you! The cut really suits your figure and makes you look taller

Post # 7
    2138 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

I think the pictures are reversed- I voted for the dropped waist assuming that it was the dress in pictures 3 and 4. Poll aside, the lacy corset top trumpt gown looks amazing on you!  

Post # 8
    1346 posts
    Bumble bee

Second dress. I didn’t answer the poll because I didn’t want to check the wrong dress in case the first option is for the second dress. I would add a sash though.

Post # 9
    1878 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

I think both look really nice but they are VERY different to me its more about what do you want in a dress…. neither make you look bad  — I think the ball gown makes your waist look smaller however but its just because the bottom is so big in comparision

Post # 10
    975 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2014 - Banff, Alberta

@nwilkins9769:  For me the ballgown is the clear winner. But I LOVE ballgowns! 

Post # 11
    725 posts
    Busy bee

My vote’s for the dropped waist gown. Definitely makes you look taller!

Post # 12
    2305 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

I voted drop-waist because I’m HOPING that’s what the second dress was. (I’d probably call it more of a trumpet or modified A-line.)

I’m short, too (5’2″) and I feel like the ballgowns make us look shorter. Especially with the long torso on the one you posted- instead of elongating the legs, it does the opposite.

But the second dress is GORGEOUS! It definitely makes you seem taller rather than shorter.

Post # 13
    6697 posts
    Bee Keeper

The second dress is more flattering, no contest.  

Post # 14
    2731 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2014 - Disney

I feel like the ball gown really swallows your tiny frame making you look wider and shorter. I wanted a ball gown originally but I’m 5’3 and extremely lean due to endurance sports. The ball gown would have worn me and so I am going with a mermaid/trumpet. The flair is extremely dramatic on me because I am so little. In your case this is the same the dress overwhelms you, you look better in the more subtle lines of the second. Those lines bring out your figure and lengthen your lines making you look taller and leaner. You look amazing in the second dress.

Post # 15
    2595 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

I voted for the dress that isn’t a ballgown. Laughing

Though it’s more of a modified a-line than a dropped waist. 

The ballgown kind of overwhelms you – the dress seems to be wearing you, rather than the other way around. 

The a-line however shows off your body and makes you look taller. 

Post # 16
    4468 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

@nwilkins9769:  Both look amazing! I voted ballgown, but I think you should go with whatever is more “you”/whatever you love- both silhouettes are flattering!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors