5'3" Brides: Let's see your dress!

posted 2 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
716 posts
Busy bee

I’m 5’2″ and 120lbs, so roughly the same size, and recently posted a picture of myself in a trumpet gown in a vote on the dress thread that I started.

My findings – the trumpet dresses are fabulous and the mermaid dresses are awful / too choppy.  I think your mom is 1/2 right.

I’m definitely planning to wear at least 3.5 inch heels and am wearing heals in my photo.

Post # 3
247 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

MrsLevell2Be:  I’m 5’3″ and 125lbs. I’ll be wearing 2-3″ wedges, hopefully.

Post # 5
247 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

MrsLevell2Be:  I tried so many styles on but I did not want to cover my figure up! I want to look BANGIN’ in my wedding pictures, not timeless

Post # 8
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I’m 5’3 and 135 lbs.  I didn’t try on any mermaid or trumpet styles as they’re just not very me, so I can’t really help in that department.  But I did wind up choosing an a-line, which I loved and still felt was flattering!

Post # 10
259 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

I’m 5’3 1/2 with wedges I’m about 5’7. I love my dress. It’s a black and white fit-n-flare. I’m getting married this Thursday! 7/17/2014! This is our first look.

Post # 13
79 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2015 - camp in new hampshire

i think mermaid is totally fine for 5’3- I’m 5’3, around 135 pounds. I tried on some (check this post:http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/help-pictures-anna-campbell-vs-alvina-valenta-vs-waiting-to-buy/#axzz37ZuLcq1A) I found the mermaid style the most flattering on me- I felt because I was short, I got lost in bigger dresses. I ended up with the dress below, its Rebecca Schoneveld, a Brooklyn designer, it’s mermaid ish, and I love it.

Post # 14
532 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I am 5’3 and 108 lbs and I did not like the way mermaids and trumpets looked on me. Just seemed strange for my body type. This is the dress I went with.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors