Post # 1
As the title says I have 53 days to go and I’m starting to freak out that I’ve forgotten something or that I should be doing more. I think part of the problem is that I’m doing a Destination Wedding as it’s in the states and I don’t want to have to take even more stuff with me than I already am so I’m waiting to do some of the stuff until I get down there.
I have all of the big stuff but need some reminders of the little things. Can anyone help me out?
Post # 3
Hmm.. Two months out, we had everything booked, just waiting to give final confirmations, favors were done, programs were done, invites had been sent.
Table decorations we were mostly done with, and I did the flowers once we were at our wedding location.
I think that was everything!
Post # 4
What do you need to do? Do you have a checklist?
I’m 30 days out and I haven’t done much wedding related in 2 weeks
Of course my RSVP deadline is tomorrow, so I’m going to be stuck calling a bunch of people who are unable to return postcards for some reason.
But…you don’t have to be doing wedding stuff 24/7!
Post # 5
I’m at this point, too. The only thing I am doing right now is making final payments, confirming things with vendors, and collecting RSVP’s. Oh, and get my marriage license!
I’m just happy I can focus on planning my honeymoon 😉
Post # 6
@wisher558: Me too. I felt like I had all this time to do everything. Now I’m starting to feel like I should be doing more. By next month I imagine I will be in panic mode!
Post # 7
Yay for date twins 😀
I feel like I should be doing more too.
Our RSVP’s have started to come back, we’re doing my alterations next month, and we’re meeting with the venue to discuss/finalize food and cake next week. Programs are being worked on, flowers are done, hair appointments are mae, honeymoon is paid off, everything is set with my officiant minus the last little details. We the chuppah and the ketubah and we’re getting the marriage license a week from Friday.
…and my Fiance will go buy a suit soon, and apparently alterations for mens suits/garments are done really quickly.
Post # 8
I have all the major stuff done. photog, dj, venue, dress etc etc.
- SO is taking the guys to get their suits at the end of the month I believe.
- Dress alterations start in a week.
- I’ve talked to the company that are doing our favors and I’m just waiting on the picture to be sent to ok it.
- Most of the paper stuff is done. Just have to finish the Out of Town booklets which I can’t do until the hair dresser gets back to me.
- We’re already legally married so the marriage license I dont have to worry about.
- Everything is bought for the centerpieces but we’re not going to put them together until we get down there.
- Most of the RSVP’s are already back but we’re not doing a seating chart so it doesn’t matter I guess.
- I made my garter but am waiting to sew it together until the week before. I’ve been working out and am losing leg inches.
- I still have to do some diy stuff but I need to go to goodwill to see if I can find what I want.
- Out of Town bags I’m doing when I get down there. As well as my backdrop and bathroom baskets.
- DJ paperwork is almost done, just waiting on SO.
- Aisle decor is 95% done. Just have to finish when I get down there.
- Chair covers are ordered.
Post # 9
@wisher558: it’s cool, i’m in the same boat. we’re getting RSVP’s in and doing a sort of shifting-seating chart as we go, and i’m working on some DIY stuff. i also just finished sending out thank you’s for our showers….other than that i really haven’t been doing much. it’s all time-sensitive stuff i can’t start on for a few weeks!
Post # 10
I think people make it seem like there’s a lot more to do than there really is. I keep feeling the same way as you and then wondering what they’re doing with their time to be so stressed, cause I’m all caught up on my checklist!
Post # 11
Yeah, I’ve got about 40 odd days to go, and I’ve got everything pretty much down pat. Will speak to the caterer this week, but I’m just cleaning the rings to make it feel like I’m actually doing something!
Post # 12
@wisher558: We’re having a Destination Wedding in the states too, and besides waiting for the RSVP’s…I’m not doing anything!! It feels weird to me as well, but I think we’re ok. Chatted with the caterer today, sent some info to the venue in terms of what I want for the layout (200 guests, who else has a Destination Wedding with 200 guests??). I’m feeling like I might actually pull this off!
Post # 13
@AirForceWife78: I was born on the army base in colorado springs! I had a craft day with SIL last week and got a lot of paper stuff cut and finished the aisle decor. Oh and the mason jars which was a big relief. I have some small things to take care of but other than that I can’t do much till I get down there. Its suuuch a weird feeling because I’ve been so used to doing things almost constantly!
Post # 14
@wisher558: You were born at EACH on Ft Carson! Very nice. I love Co Springs, I’m going to be sad when the Air Force takes us away! I’m doing my programs next weekend, finsihing up the girls flip flops, and DREADING the seating arrangements. It’s weird to be almost done!