53 days to go and I feel like I should be doing a lot more.

posted 3 years ago in October 2013
Post # 3
11772 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

Hmm.. Two months out, we had everything booked, just waiting to give final confirmations, favors were done, programs were done, invites had been sent.

Table decorations we were mostly done with, and I did the flowers once we were at our wedding location.

I think that was everything!

Post # 4
8592 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

What do you need to do?  Do you have a checklist?

I’m 30 days out and I haven’t done much wedding related in 2 weeks Smile

Of course my RSVP deadline is tomorrow, so I’m going to be stuck calling a bunch of people who are unable to return postcards for some reason.

But…you don’t have to be doing wedding stuff 24/7!

Post # 5
791 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I’m at this point, too.  The only thing I am doing right now is making final payments, confirming things with vendors, and collecting RSVP’s.  Oh, and get my marriage license!

I’m just happy I can focus on planning my honeymoon 😉 

Post # 6
635 posts
Busy bee

@wisher558:  Me too.  I felt like I had all this time to do everything.  Now I’m starting to feel like I should be doing more.  By next month I imagine I will be in panic mode!

Post # 7
2319 posts
Buzzing bee

Yay for date twins 😀

I feel like I should be doing more too.

Our RSVP’s have started to come back, we’re doing my alterations next month, and we’re meeting with the venue to discuss/finalize food and cake next week. Programs are being worked on, flowers are done, hair appointments are mae, honeymoon is paid off, everything is set with my officiant minus the last little details. We the chuppah and the ketubah and we’re getting the marriage license a week from Friday.

…and my FI will go buy a suit soon, and apparently alterations for mens suits/garments are done really quickly.

Post # 9
3199 posts
Sugar bee

@wisher558:  it’s cool, i’m in the same boat. we’re getting RSVP’s in and doing a sort of shifting-seating chart as we go, and i’m working on some DIY stuff. i also just finished sending out thank you’s for our showers….other than that i really haven’t been doing much. it’s all time-sensitive stuff i can’t start on for a few weeks!

Post # 10
1458 posts
Bumble bee

I think people make it seem like there’s a lot more to do than there really is. I keep feeling the same way as you and then wondering what they’re doing with their time to be so stressed, cause I’m all caught up on my checklist!

Post # 11
1952 posts
Buzzing bee

Yeah, I’ve got about 40 odd days to go, and I’ve got everything pretty much down pat. Will speak to the caterer this week, but I’m just cleaning the rings to make it feel like I’m actually doing something!

Post # 12
1560 posts
Bumble bee

@wisher558:  We’re having a DW in the states too, and besides waiting for the RSVP’s…I’m not doing anything!! It feels weird to me as well, but I think we’re ok. Chatted with the caterer today, sent some info to the venue in terms of what I want for the layout (200 guests, who else has a DW with 200 guests??). I’m feeling like I might actually pull this off!

Post # 14
1560 posts
Bumble bee

@wisher558:  You were born at EACH on Ft Carson! Very nice. I love Co Springs, I’m going to be sad when the Air Force takes us away!  I’m doing my programs next weekend, finsihing up the girls flip flops, and DREADING the seating arrangements. It’s weird to be almost done!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors