5.5 : (15 votes)
    26 %
    6 : (42 votes)
    74 %
  • Post # 3
    4494 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

I think you get used to whatever size stone you start to wear, so for that reason I’d get the 6mm. 

Post # 4
    8418 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: April 2013

I have a 6mm round on a 4.5 finger and I think it’s large enough without being too big.  I think it really comes down to what kind of coverage you feel comfortable with.

Post # 5
    277 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

I have a 6mm cushion cut moissanite and i wear a size 5. i wouldn’t go any larger than that on my size finger. in fact, when i first got it I thought that it was waaaay too big. (my original ring was only a 0.43 diamond center stone) now im pretty much used to it.

i think that since your finger is a full size smaller than mine, that I would suggest that you get a 5.5mm stone…. maybe even a 5mm. Regardless of which you choose, they’re going to look HUGE compared to you 0.25 center stone!

another thing that you can do is print out a diamond size chart and cut out the sizes of stones that you want to compare. just don’t put them directly onto you ringer since a setting will be holding up your stone away from your finger and it will therefore look bigger. just cut out the stones and then balance them one at a time on top of an existing ring to get the best idea of what each stone size will look like. Post pictures when you get your new ring!

Post # 6
    2102 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

@hersheykiss2087:  Pretty!

I think on your finger 6mm would be fine – it will look way different though!

Is there a way you can go to a jeweller and see if you can try on any 1ct cushion cut rings? Thats what I always did to get a better idea.

Post # 7
    1625 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

@shawmere:  Go with the 6mm. I know it’s a big jump from what you have, but it still isn’t GIGANTIC and if you’re not having a bunch of sidestones, I don’t think it will be “too much”

Post # 10
    6865 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: March 2014 - A castle!

@shawmere:  diamdb.com lets you compare how different sizes and cuts will look on your finger size

Post # 13
    1779 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 1997

@shawmere:  I’d go larger (6) moissanite is cheap compared to real diamond–the whole point of a sim so you might as well go large. Plus as others said, “shrinkage” sets in! Your setting sounds really lovely.

Post # 15
    8418 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: April 2013

This is a round, so not sure if that helps as much, but 6mm on a 4.5.  When I got my ring, I was actually debating between 6mm, 6.5mm, and 7mm (.75 ct, 1 ct, and 1.24 ct equivalent) and ended up going with the smaller size with no regrets.  I’m not really a jewelry person, so a large stone wasn’t really my style.  Since cost isn’t really an issue with moissanite, you can get the size that looks best rather than the “size you can afford” or “the most bang for your buck.”

Post # 16
    3614 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: February 2009

I say 6mm, 1ct is perfectly reasonable I think.  But this site is great for getting an idea.

http://www.diamdb.com/

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors