#55 got a ring for Xmas but no proposal……..

posted 3 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
4765 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

What a beautiful and unique ring! 

Post # 5
1343 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

Wow, I think that is great!  The ring is very beautiful!

Post # 6
525 posts
Busy bee

Ha, I would be irked (only for a moment) if that happened to me — but I think it was very sweet and that ring is just shockingly beautiful and unique. 🙂

Post # 7
425 posts
Helper bee

That’s so sweet of your SO to do what he can right now. It’s so much better for him to wait until he is ready to propose than to just propose because of outside pressure. And such a lovely ring! 

Post # 8
980 posts
Busy bee

I’m so happy that you could have such a good conversation, and that he was the one to initiate it. It’s also great news that you are now on the same page and happy with this arrangement. Congratulations on that talk, and wow! what a beautiful ring!

Post # 9
7630 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: January 2013

All that matters is that you two are happy with your relationship. Pretty ring! 

Post # 10
2143 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Well, it’s progress in your relationship! Congrats on the gorgeous ring!

Post # 11
451 posts
Helper bee

My Fi gave me a “promise ring” (weird term for a 40 year old) with the same words your SO used. I had mixed feelings for a month. Thrilled we’d moved forward, sad it wasn’t engagement. But after a month I loved that ring and all it symbolized. We got engaged one year later and it’s a right hand ring now.  So happy for you!!!!

Post # 13
11379 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

@GIJen:  pretty ring.  it was nice of him to let you know the meaning of the ring and what his future intentions will be.  how long have you been together? 

Post # 14
2394 posts
Buzzing bee

Beautiful ring! That is really pretty and a Christmas castle vacation together sounds like a dream trip, so romantic!

In answer to your question though, my advice would be to wear it on the right hand for the time being. (I’m assuming your SO did not specifically ask you to wear it on the left hand?)

Otherwise you will be answering a lot of questions about being engaged, which will put you in the position of discussing private details of your relationship with others. 

Another benefit of wearing it on the right hand is that it won’t take away from the excitement when you finally do get engaged and have your engagement ring. 

Post # 15
9526 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

@GIJen:  Beautiful! ring!! And the trip sounds amazing!!! Incidentally, I’d wear it on your right hand just to avoid confusion. Have fn at New Years Eve! 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors