(Closed) 5.5 Week Update

posted 9 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
2008 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Congratulations!  That’s so exciting!  And you definitely deserve to wear a beautiful dress, no two ways about that one. 

Do we get to see pictures?  ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 5
235 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

Yay! Congratulations!  Finding the perfect dress is amazing.  ๐Ÿ˜€

If you are worred about not getting a great deal, or FH is upset that you bought something you can’t wear again, just remind him that you can always sell it after the wedding – Maggie dresses have a pretty high resale value.  

Post # 6
898 posts
Busy bee

You can most def get some of the money back after the wedding. It’s gorgeous!

And I don’t think your FI will have any issues once he sees you in it! Can’t wait to see pics! The hardest part is…if it’s just gonna be you two…gonna be kind of hard to hide it from him til the wedding day. Or are you gonna let him see?

Post # 8
1276 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

I think a low veil will look fantastic with that dress.  It’s so romantic, and I think a low veil conveys that kind of feeling as well. 

I will say, though, that not everyone can pull off such a veil so give yourself the freedom to try on other styles too. The point is to find something in which *you* look beautiful, not an ensemble that looks beautiful *on you*.  I think sometimes people miss that…but it sounds like you’re already feeling wonderful which is an amazing thing.

Post # 10
739 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2009 - Red Fish Grill

Mizuno, that dress is AMAZING!  I love the bodice and especially the crumb-catcher detail.  I think alabaster is the perfect color choice, too.  Like you, it only took me about an hour or so at the very first bridal shop to find my dress.  :o)

Post # 12
739 posts
Busy bee

Mizuno, I’d never even heard of it!  I wonder how long it’s been around.  It sounds really cool!  Are you doing it as a relay, like Hood to Coast?  Let me know if you need a cheerleader… I never need much of a reason for heading to the Keys!  :o)

Post # 14
1266 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

congrats on the dress Mizuno! Its so beautiful – it will be stunning on you!

5.5 weeks and counting! ๐Ÿ˜‰ good luck! were all here for ya!

Post # 15
739 posts
Busy bee

Glad you’re doing it as a relay.  I see there are 50- and 100-mile individual races, too.  I can’t imagine running from Key Largo to Key West… that’s insane!!!

I’ll definitely talk to FI and see if he’s up for the drive.  If you need recommendations for things to do while in town, just ask!  :o)

The topic ‘5.5 Week Update’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors