(Closed) 6 at a table?

posted 4 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
723 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

we have 90 guests and 12 tables. each table has 6-8 people. I would suggest asking your venue if you have to have a minimum @ each table. Sometimes they require a minimum per table so they don’t have to rent/set-up as many tables/linens/etc.

Post # 4
240 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

We’re having 43 people and doing 6 to a table, 5 in some cases. I’d rather have the room filled out than people who don’t really know each other / wouldn’t get along to have to sit together. 

Post # 5
11287 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

we sat 6-8 guests per table but our venue use 54″ rounds so it was perfect.

your venue probably has 60″ rounds.  i would go there and have them put only 6 chairs around it to see how it looks.  also remember there will be a centrepiece and linens too.

Post # 6
10456 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2014

I think that’s fine. Who is going to complain about more elbow room? 

Post # 7
45408 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I think 6 to a able will be fine and very comfortable for your guests. It also leaves room for other guests to pull up a chair and visit after dinner.

Post # 8
3699 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I had one table with 6 people and had a smaller table there (5′ instead of 6′).  Made for a little more space to move around.  The rest of the tables “sat 10” (6′) and I put 8 people at them comfortably with room for a centerpiece and serving dishes since we ate family style.

Post # 9
231 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I’d suggest finding out the size of the round tables.  If you were told they could hold 8-10 people, then they are probably 66″ rounds.  In my view, 66″ would not feel very intimate.  We had a few 66″ rounds with 8 or 9 people at them, which was comfortable and roomy, but I wouldn’t sit fewer than 8 people at a 66″ round since I think it will look and feel too empty.  The size of your chairs also may make a difference as to how full the table looks and feels.  You don’t want your guests seated so far apart from one another that they can’t have a comfortable conversation.  Good luck!

Post # 10
8526 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I think 8-10 is  ideal, but we had one table of six because of an annoying  last minute no show.  The problem is that when one couple gets up to dance, or goes home on the early side, you are left with a virtually  empty table.  When that happens, people tend to leave  earlier than they otherwise might. 

Post # 11
3200 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@Carolsays:  we’re having 125-150 guests and we’re doing six to a table because we’re serving family style and needed room for plates. i think its fine.

The topic ‘6 at a table?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors