6 Bits of Relationship Wisdom My Married Self Would Like to Tell My Single Self

posted 3 years ago in Relationships
Post # 3
11772 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

Good guys don’t hit! Ever! Even when it’s “your fault”!

Also–DON’T DATE GUYS OFF OF CRAIGSLIST.

Post # 4
2576 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@Syzygy88:  Don’t settle, but also don’t have unrealistic expectations either.

If a guy goes distant after seeing you at your worst, he was never the one for you.

If a guy is too into your looks, avoid like the plague.

Post # 5
811 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

@Syzygy88:  Don’t date someone just to date someone. Don’t waste that time and emotion on someone who doesn’t make you feel crazy in love.

Post # 6
1613 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Don’t waste time with people that don’t make you feel like a priority in their life and future.

Don’t waste time with people that you don’t have a “spark” with….if you don’t have it at the start, trust me, it won’t come in time.

When you do find someone that you have a “spark” with, don’t get lazy.  Remember to enjoy all the best elements of that initial “falling in love” phase….space, anticipating dates, making out, etc.

Dont sweat the small stuff.

And as much as you find the Dream Dress….hold out.  Hold out for the amazing, vintage, elegant, yet classy gown you see 3 weeks before the wedding.  Yes…it’s the one.  And wear a bird cage veil. 

Post # 7
5839 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2010

It’s all about respect. Doesn’t matter if he tells you that he loves you and wants to marry you if he doesnt respect you.

You can’t talk someone into respecting you. They either do or they don’t. A list of all the reasons why they should respect you doesn’t work

Don’t waste so much energy being a “cool girlfriend”. Demand to be treated well (and with respect). It’s okay if they walk away. 

Quit wondering if he likes you and start wondering if you like him (and if he deserves to be in a relationship with you). I spent waaaayyy too much time interpreting all his “signals” as to whether he likes me. Only to realize after we broke up that he was an ass and I didon’t really like him. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors