(Closed) $6 centerpieces…help!

posted 10 years ago in Decor
Post # 3
218 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2009

dollar stores, and lots and lots of greenery/baby’s breaths, or maybe 3 simple roses per bud vase for "I LOVE YOU".

Post # 5
1020 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

fruit! i don’t know if there are specific colors you need to go for, but I see that you’re in southern california. see if you have any friends with lemon (or lime or orange or anything) trees who would be willing to give you some! i know my parents are always begging to find uses for our lemons and they make lovely centerpieces.

Post # 7
286 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2007

Have you checked out this post on a lemon centerpiece? 

I looked on costco.com and see that you can buy full flowers like 80 gerbera daisies for $80 so you can have 4 per tall, skinny vase (get the vase from dollar tree direct) or in a short vase filled with fruit.

Post # 8
235 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

Check craigslist for wedding supplies – a ton of people sell their used wedding centerpieces, mirrors, vases, etc. 

Also check ikea for cheap vases and plants.   

Post # 9
220 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2008

I found this centerpiece on Martha.  You could tuck a few flowers inbetween the lemons.  Any fruit would work

Post # 10
1020 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

you’re welcome! 🙂 and that post that yach suggested was mine, too… haha, i guess i’m a little obsessed with using lemons decoratively. i think they’re amazing.

fyi: the ones on the other post (that yach linked to on here) cost me around $17 each, but i had a ton of flowers left over and they were the biggest cost. i also only made 4, so i think they could be way cheaper with cheaper flowers (i used roses mostly) and possibly the buying in bulk thing. 

Post # 11
Bee
981 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2008 - A tiny town just outside of Glacier National Park

Mason jars make great vases and they’re cheap at Walmart. You can get a lot of flowers at Trader Joe’s or in bulk at farmer’s markets for very little money as well!

Post # 12
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2009

also, you could consider recycling glass bottles, clear and green or just clear or just green and tie ribbon around the top and just put 1 or 2 flowers per bottle and have a few bottles on each table, then you only have to pay for the flowers and ribbon! and go to your local farmers market or flower mart for the flowers, local is not only more "green" but they are also cheaper! i went to the flower mart in la on friday and spent 100$ and i got more than enough to to the onf flower per wine bottle plus bouquets for the bms! and you can find nice ribbon in your colors for under 25 bucks im sure- now you have a budget friendly centerpiece that is also greeeeen!!

Post # 13
508 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

bride – we are doing lemon centerpieces for our wedding.  instead of cutting them and using them as a base for flowers, we’re making a pile of lemons on a lovely low bowl (almost a plate) and sprinkling bright pink blossoms to add some contrast.  If you have extra little blooms, you can add some to the table to extend the look.  depending on what containers you find, it could be very inexpensive, as it takes less flowers.  i also really love the look of cut fruit inside a vase, so either option would be lovely.

good luck! 

Post # 14
106 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I just made a post about my inexpensive centerpieces that cost $5 each table.. its under Budget Friendly Centerpieces hope this helps!

The topic ‘$6 centerpieces…help!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors