6 cycles for me no luck and my brother is gonna be a dad

posted 3 years ago in TTC
Post # 3
3119 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Aww congrats to you on your impending aunthood, and your brother! You’re sweet that you are so happy. And don’t blame yourself for being sad/annoyed when it’s random people. It just means you care about your loved ones, and that you’re a good person. 

Post # 4
2197 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@Aqualov:  Awww congrats auntie to be! Emotions during TTC are really funny.

Post # 5
7654 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

@Aqualov:  Congrats on being a future auntie! Perhaps that is why you are excited 🙂

Post # 7
362 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@Aqualov:  Ohhh being an auntie is so great 🙂 You’ll love it!

The mixed emotions are so normal!!! I would totally feel the same if I were in your situation (I don’t have children yet but I’m still undecided). And don’t beat yourself up if some days you think you are not so fine with the situation. You are human! And you are going to have so much fun being an aunt. 

Good luck with your own project. I’m sure it is difficult, but good things do happen 🙂

Post # 9
1590 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Because you get to be an aunt and, while I’m not a mother, I can tell you that being an Aunt is soooo awesome. Congrats. 

Post # 10
501 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

have u tried IVF yet

Post # 11
1943 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Congrats on being an Aunt! I have a brand new niece who is 4 months old and it is sooo much fun!  And good practice for you someday! 🙂

Post # 13
1943 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@Tutti80:  I don’t think that’s the point of her post.  It can take up to a year for perfectly healthy couples to get pregnant.  Most doctors don’t even consider seeing you for TTC help until you’ve been trying for at least 12 cycles.

Post # 14
636 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

First of all, congratulations on your future aunt-hood! Being an aunt is truly wonderful, and I am sure you will enjoy it.

Second of all, I can semi-relate to your situation. I am the eldest of 3 children at 24 years of age. My younger brothers are 20 and 11. DH and I have been together since we were 15. We got engaged when we were 19, and that’s when baby fever set in for me. However, both DH and I were in agreement; we wanted to be married and fully capable of caring and providing for a family before TTC. Well from then on through when we got married (October 2012), and even still to this day, it has been tough seeing friends and family members announce pregnancies and welcome little bundles of joy into the world, but the hardest news to take in personally was when my brother and his ex-girlfriend (both 18 at the time) shared that they were expecting my niece. Being the eldest, I always clung tight to the notion that I’d be the first to do everything (to get married, have children, etc.); not to mention, I was just bursting with desire to become a mother myself. It took a bit of getting used to, but I love my niece (a smart and beautiful one year-old) and being an aunt. 

Unfortunately, for DH and I, TTC hasn’t been as easy for us. So far, neither of us have been diagnosed with any fertility issues, but we’ve been TTC for a long time (11 months… a year on Jan. 1st), and we are keeping this journey quiet as well. The sadness and bitterness that comes with each passing month of shattered hopes is a continuous struggle that we’re dealing with the best we possibly can. I’ve found the best peace for me is trying to remain hopeful, being as happy as I can for others, but also staying away from things that trigger any feelings of despair (social media mostly). It doesn’t take the pain away completely, but it does help a great deal (for me).

I’m praying for you, and do hope you will not have to try much longer. Best wishes!

Post # 16
1433 posts
Bumble bee

@Aqualov:  Being an aunt is an amazing thing! I am actually so happy I became an Aunt before I became a mom because I got to spend so much time with my niece and spoil her where I know that wouldn’t be possible if I was a parent myself. When my brother got pregnant again in the midst of my TTC difficulties it didn’t hurt the way it does when it is someone else. I guess because a baby in the family brings so much happiness that it feels like your gaining a baby even if your just the aunt. Congrats! Hope you can give the baby a cousin to play with soon:)

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors