ribbon tied in knot : (2 votes)
    3 %
    ribbon tied in bow : (4 votes)
    7 %
  • Post # 3
    2555 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

First, if she just attached an extra panel somewhere that you don’t like, can you identify the seam and just have her rip it out?

Second, a tiny ribon like that really makes it worse. If you want to add a ribbon, you can buy a larger one from joanne, or you can check accessory shops (or bridal salons)

Post # 5
    2387 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

@MrsBlah: I’m with you on the keyhole- it looked fabulous before but after it just looks so wrong & out of place. I’d def. make them fix that, and it’s crazy to me they would even let it go out like that. I think a satin ribbon would look nice but you’d have to go waay larger than whatever width you’re using in the pics (I’d guess a half or quarter inch?) Try upping it to a inch & half or 2 inches then see what you think….. 

Post # 6
    115 posts
    Blushing bee

I agree to have her undo the keyhole work… maybe get a second opinion if you can find the time. 

And I second Asia’s post, a wider, probably medium width (1.25-2 inch) ribbon would be much more flattering, and I personally would trim the ribbon tails at about a foot on a diagonal.

Post # 7
    2555 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

@MrsBlah:  The tiny ribbon looks cheap and sort of tacked on compared to your structured dress. So instead of making it look better, it’s making it look worse (because the scale is off) If you got a wider ribbon, or something comparable, I think it would be lovely.

Post # 8
    1555 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

If you want a wear a ribbon, you need a thick one ( about 2 inches) and tied in a bow. 

Post # 9
    1768 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

I agree with PP – you need a wider ribbon. If you can’t find anything you like locally, check out M&J Trimming online – they have every ribbon you could ever want.

Post # 10
    708 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

Definitely need a wider width ribbon, but I kind of like the dress without one too:) 

Post # 11
    11772 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: May 2013

I like it without the ribbon! And definitely make her fix the keyhole!

Post # 12
    3112 posts
    Sugar bee

@MrsBlah:  I think that ribbon is incredibly underwhelming.  I voted “no ribbon” because I think that dressing is BEGGING you to add a beaded sash of some sort!  It’s the wow factor it needs.  Something like this?

ETA You mentioned liking the ribbon because it’s cheap.  I found this one on ebay for $9.99!  Pretty good if you ask me!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors