6 month mamas – need advice!

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
8593 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

@DZMeadowz:  

I tried on a bridesmaids dress at about 21 weeks (it was David’s Bridal FWIW).  It had a higher waist, and that dress looks a little higher waisted so it may be similar.  My regular size just fit, maybe slightly tight at 21 weeks.  I’m pretty tall though, so I seem to be smaller than some people who are shorter (at least right now).  My boobs also haven’t gotten significantly larger yet.

How many weeks will you be at the wedding?  Are you tall/short?  I think 2 sizes larger would be good.  It might be safer to go 2 sizes larger and have it taken in if you need it, though it’s possible you could get away with just 1 size larger.  I don’t think you would need more than 2 sizes up, but it’s hard without knowing how many weeks you will be and other info.

Post # 5
8593 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

@DZMeadowz:  Ok, yeah 1-2 sizes would probably be good.  You might be just fine with 1 size up but I guess you never know until you get there!  At 24 weeks I probably would have been fine with just 1 size larger….though if your boobs get really big quickly that could be something to think about.

Post # 6
955 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@DZMeadowz:  I was MOH for a wedding 6 weeks PP. I tried on and bought my dress when I was 7 months. A dress 2 sizes up zipped over my bump and held my ginormous boobs perfectly. It was a David’s Bridal dress and was a good style for a bump – somewhat of an empire waist and loose in the tummy area.

Post # 7
955 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Looking back, though, I feel like I doubled in size between 6 and 7 months. One size up may be OK, but I’d rather be safe than sorry!

Post # 8
11772 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

Similar body! 5’7″ and on the thin side. I wore a S pre-preg, and a L (non-maternity) from 20-28 weeks! So I’d go two sizes up.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors