(Closed) 6 month pregnant bride, change date or go ahead with it?

posted 9 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
127 posts
Blushing bee

Do it! What the heck. If everyone is happy, then so be it. It’s a time to celebrate love, and babies are all about love- so keep your plans, get an adjustable dress, and party like there’s no tomorrow!!

Congrats!

Post # 4
119 posts
Blushing bee

First of all congratulations! That is very exciting news.

Secondly, it’s really something that depends on your personal family situation and what type of wedding you’re planning. Personally, I would go through with it. But I’m having a pretty casual beach wedding, which would be easy to adjust to accomodate a pregnant bride. I guess some other weddings would be more difficult to alter. Either way, I’m sure your family and friends will be doubly thrilled for you.

Post # 5
695 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Celebrate!!!!!!!!! Hopefully your pregnancy will go smoothly and you will feel up to partying at 6 months! I’m sure you will, just think positively! I think it will be so lovely that you have more than one milestone to honor at the party. 🙂

Congratulations!!!!! 

Post # 6
456 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

Depends on you and your family. If it were me, I’d have to at *least* go to the courthouse right away, to keep it from being a huge scandal. My family’s Southern Baptist and would freak out. My parents would also probably pull funding for the wedding. They would consider wedding pictures with me obviously pregnant horrifying. Obviously, your parents don’t agree. If the rest of ya’ll’s families are the same, and won’t be scandalized and make you feel really crappy about it, go for it! Totally agree with Alissa07, it’s all about love!

Post # 7
326 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Congrats! Wow, what a surprise! ^_^

If it were me, I’d go ahead with it. I would be too excited to put off getting married. One slightly unexpected little guest wouldn’t put me off. ^_^

I know some people would feel uncomfortable, though, being visibly pregnant at their wedding, so of course I can’t really judge from that point of view. It’s great that your parents are supportive, which is always important with slightly touchy subjects like this.

You can still fly at 6 months, right? So you could still go on a nice relaxing pre-baby honeymoon, right?

Well, congrats again, no matter what you decide. ^_^

Post # 8
131 posts
Blushing bee

Have your wedding! Clearly, this was unexpected and a miracle for you! What’s one more thing to celebrate?! 

Congrats! 

Post # 9
208 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

Congratulations!  This is time for celebration!  Get a dress that you will glow in and celebrate with your friends and families!  If someone doesn’t like it, they are free to stay home. 

Post # 10
157 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Congratulations!   I say go ahead with the wedding!  I certainly would if I was in the same situation!

Post # 11
108 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Congratulations!

Although it sounds like your doctors didn’t have it right in the first place, you may want to check with them to make sure that excitement/stress won’t be a problem and that your pregnancy won’t be high risk, due to whatever problems you were having before or may have in the future

If they OK it, go for it!!! I had a friend who got married recently at 8 months pregnant, and her pics and celebration were beautiful and all the more poignant because of the upcoming birth!

Post # 12
7082 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2009

Definitely go for it.  Sounds like everyone is on board!  I have some beautiful pictures of pregnant brides that I will link to later!

Post # 13
1883 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

DOO IT! My sis was 6 months preggers at her wedding and she looked adorable and they incorporated the baby in the photos and in their wedding vows. It was so nice and spe!cial!

Post # 14
1379 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

I would definitely say go for it!!  I know a girl who was in the exact same situation!  She actually changed her date to earlier because her wedding was for after the birth of the baby …  but either way, if you and yoru family are happy and comfortable with it, do it!

*My friend had already sent her save the dates, so she sent her invitations a bit early with an extra card explaining why the change of date … the card read something like "Life if full of unexpected bumps in the road that lead you in the right direction" … and had an outline of a pregnant woman, it was so cute!  Most, if not all, of the guests already knew she was pregnant and had changed the date but it was such a cute way to communicate/commemorate both the wedding and the birth of their baby!

Also, congratulations on your miracle!

Post # 15
59 posts
Worker bee

Congratulations – Doctors told my mom the same thing and yet here I am and my brother too! 

I saw this on a wedding show, the bride and groom had been trying to have a baby due to health resons prior to the wedding – fortunately she got pregnant!  They were very unsure of how to let everyone know and she was skeptical about being a pregnant bride in a big white dress – This is what they ended up doing … no one but their parents knew about the pregnancy, she chose a very flattering wedding dress to accomodate and camouflage her growing belly.  At the recetion they placed an envelope under each guests plate and the bride ands groom thanked everyone for coming and asked them all to open their envelopes at the same time – inside was a sonogram picture of the baby!  What a great suprise!

Definitely an interesting way to go!

I say go forward with your wedding, the baby is just one more reason to celebrate!

Post # 16
2695 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2008

Hey congrats!! I say do it as planned, if you and your families are supportive.   Its a great miracle, so fabulous to celebrate with everyone.  Its not going to be a secret you got pregnant before you got married anyways, so go for it.

The topic ‘6 month pregnant bride, change date or go ahead with it?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors