6 months!

posted 2 years ago in February 2015
Post # 2
2414 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

I have the decor to sort out, to find and book the hairstylist, to meet with the I officiant to choose our ceremony. And then just finalizing the little details. And all the DIY. :p  

My BMs and I are having a craft day on Friday. So some of this will be done. 

My shower is coming up so we’ve added to our registry. 

And on Monday were signing the papers for our new house! So that has taken most of our time recently. We move in December. Yay!!!!

Post # 3
81 posts
Worker bee

CANNOT beleive how quickly 12 months and 9 months turned into only 6 months!!! Holy moly! Things are starting to feel real!

I always feel like I have so much to do! I got my dress and my bridesmaid dresses this weekend and I am so thrilled with how quick and easy everything went! I still have to meet with the DJ to sign contracts, book officiants, order invites, all the DIY decor, and pick out a cake! Plus all the little details! 6 months of craziness! I cannot wait to see everything come together!

Post # 4
100 posts
Blushing bee

I reized yesterday there were only 6 months left and I had a mini panic attack! I’m starting a new job so I’ve been slacking on the wedding planning lately, and now I’m freaking out because there’s so much left to do, I haven’t even sent out save the dates yet…. Where has the time gone??? 

i have to book a photographer, finalize the cake details, start the marriage prep for our catholic ceremony, start our wedding registry and finish all the details. Then I got the bright idea to decorate 200+ candle votive holders with glitter, which I havent even started yet. I’m definitely feeling overwhelmed… I hadnt really believed people when they’d tell me planning a wedding is stressful, but I’m definitely feeling it now!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  BlushBride15.
Post # 5
180 posts
Blushing bee

Only a few things left!

So far we have:

Venue, Photographer, Dress, Florist, Caterer (and linens, chairs, etc.), DJ, Bistro Lights, Photobooth, Save the Dates, Wedding Website, Registry, Hotel Block, and I’m using my normal hairstylist and I’m doing my own make-up.

To Do: Cake, Rings, Accessories, Groom’s Attire, Officiant (know who, just need to work out details), Table Assignments, Invites, and order some little things.

Post # 6
51 posts
Worker bee

It’s scary how quickly the time is flying by!!!  I just realized how much I need to do!  I’m just ordering my bridesmaid’s dresses this weekend – I didn’t realize they take 4 months to make!!  

All the big stuff is done: Venue (which includes all linens, officiant, etc.), photographer, hair, makeup, wedding dress, received invitations, DJ…

But lots left to do!!!  Send invitations, groom’s suit (and groomsmen’s suits), finalize menue, my parents are making my wedding cake, so that’s easy enough, pick music, rings, gifts for the wedding party, speeches, seating chart and table decor.

Help! I’m stuck on these things:<br />- What are some good guest favour ideas??<br />- Song to walk down the aisle to.  I’m stumped. I’m having a fairly formal wedding, but don’t want ot pick something that’s too sleepy and old school, but not trendy (like John Legend).  Any thoughts??

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors