(Closed) 6 months for dress to come – normal?

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
Hostess
18646 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I was given the number of 6 months for my dress to come in as well.  It came in earlier though.

Post # 4
3978 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I was quoted about 2 months. It probably depends on how complex the design is. Is any of it hand made? Is it a custom design? Those kinds of things can definitely up the time. I’d be anxious to with that long to wait.

Post # 5
8738 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

I was quoted 4-6 months for mine, but they said depending on the number of orders the designer receives it might be in as early as 2 months.

The order time is not just the time it takes to make YOUR dress, it also is allowing for the time to make all fo the other dress orders placed before yours as well as accommodate rush orders for dresses with wedding dates prior to yours.

Post # 6
110 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I used to own a bridal boutique. 6 months is average depending on the designer and how custom the work is.

Post # 7
136 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I was quoted 4 months but it came in less than 2

Post # 9
9057 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

I was quoted 4-6 months as well.  I ordered at the end of December, and it arrived mid-June.

Post # 10
818 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

To be honest, it depends on the designer.  Some companies have a really quick turn around, others, not so much.  Also, it depends on what your dress was ordered in relation to their cutting schedule. Most companies cut each style pattern just once or twice a month, which means if your order comes in on the 5th of the month but the patterns for that style were cut on the 4th, your cloth won’t even be cut for another month.  Did you order any customizations from the company? That can add as well. Also, if a company has been a little slower delivering lately, a bridal store will add a few extra weeks just to make sure they don’t have to tell you that your dress is late.  They would much, much rather call and say your dress is a month or two early then let you know that it will be a month or two late. Another factor is the time of year that you ordered. Any dresses that are ordered for the spring can take longer because of the sheer number of weddings happening during that time. 

Which company made your dress? I know that Jasmine’s typical turn around time is aout 2.5-3 months but Alfred Angelo can take up to 4 and even a little longer.  Kirstie Kelly for Disney used to take up to 7 1/2 months but they are out of business now.
Hope this helps.

Post # 11
260 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I was quoted 7 months for my dress and it came in after 5 months!

Post # 12
8738 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

@Bubu82: Who’s the designer of your dress? Do you know if the dress has to come in from overseas? (i.e. a London or Paris based shop?) that can add time as well. Also if they are prepping for the release of a new line of dresses or some other large event the turn around time might be slower.

Post # 13
4547 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I was told 5 months for mine….and that’s about how long it took.

Post # 14
256 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Mine was ordered in July and Maggie Sottero said it won’t be shipped until MARCH! That’s 8 months. I was shocked!

Post # 15
3364 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

I was given 6 months as well! I didn’t mind since we were planning a longer engagement either way! =) 

I ordered my Sottero & Midgley gown at the end of July!! They told me end of Jan, early Feb. I was afraid I would forget what it looked like! Luckily I ordered it because it was discontinued that October! I cant imagine finding anything comprable! I feel so blessed! 

And I am impatient, so you aren’t alone! hehe!

Post # 16
502 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

My dress took 6 months like they told me, I was glad I went to look fo dresses when I did! I had no idea!

The topic ‘6 months for dress to come – normal?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors