6 months left until wedding and we hate our venue

posted 2 years ago in Venue
Post # 2
1399 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

I don’t know where you are but my friend is looking to book her venue in Montreal in May or June of next year, and there are still some choices available (way more than I expected, in fact).  July and August are impossible though, strangely.

Be prepared for losing out on part of your deposit though…

Post # 3
108 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

Do you have a contract with the current venue that will cause problems with changing?

Post # 5
579 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

I think march is considered “off season”, so you may have choices. But, have you booked any vendors? Will they move with you? Will you lose deposits? 

Post # 7
41855 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

You just posted about your venue yesterday. Did you follow up on any of the suggestions?

If you really want to change, then you will lose your deposit at least, and you need to buckle down and look for another venue.

Post # 9
7531 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

kayteegeee:  Are you looking in the Springhill area? What is it that you want? Did you want something that is all inclusive? 

Post # 10
954 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

kayteegeee:  I don’t know where you are, but I ran into the same problem. 6 months to the day of my wedding, I had a melt down, because the venue was really just not working with us at all. My photographer actually had a heart to heart with me and was like, if you’re really not feeling it, look around. We ended up booking the private room of a new downtown restuarant, and everything after that was smooth sailing! I would say look around, and see if something you like is available, if all esle fails maybe see if there is a way to make your venue work for you 🙂

Post # 12
992 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

kayteegeee:  I’m so sorry you’re having troubles iwth your venue! I know it sucks but at least it’s better to find out sooner rather than later! <br /><br />One venue i had looked into was Palemtto Riverside Inn http://www.palmettoriverside.com then we decided to go to the East coast! I’d take a look at them, esp if your guests would be flying into Tampa it’s south but closer to the airport than your current venue. 

Post # 13
289 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

kayteegeee:  Did you want a beach wedding? I am not sure what exactly you are looking for, but if your guests are flying into Tampa, there are a TON of places to get married. And when I was looking into a new photographer, SEVERAL were available for my May wedding.

Post # 14
194 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

kayteegeee:  I had commented on your other thread. If you want a new venue I say get on it, now. Keep this one as long as you can. Basically what your FI suggested–it’s your plan B. It would be extra extra awful to cancel with this venue and look around only to find there’s nothing else left available for your date.

Or there may be tons of stuff available, once you secure you want, cancel with the one you have now. I’m sorry it won’t work out for you, but at least it wasn’t a super expensive deposit (I realize $500 is a lot–but in the overpriced world of weddings, it could have been a lot higher).

Wishing you the best of luck!

Post # 15
3632 posts
Sugar bee

kayteegeee:  “A lot of our family members have already bought plane tickets to travel here and it’s getting to the point where I want to cancel the wedding altogether.”<br /><br />Are you planning to re-imburse them, if they have flights that cannot be refunded, or switched without a fee, to another city or date?

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors