6 Months out!!

posted 2 months ago in September 2017
Post # 2
4475 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2015 - Hotel Ballroom

I was a September 2015 bride, and I remember this landmark all too well! I was ‘unlucky’ in the sense that just about now I had to make the heartbreaking call to re-plan my entire wedding from scratch (even down to buying a new dress)! In essence, wasting the previous YEAR of my engagement.

The ‘good’ highlights for me though was I remember it also finally starting to feel ‘real’. If I could do it all over again (and somehow live in a parallel universe where I either didn’t have to make the choice to start from scratch OR have made the choice sooner) right now I would have had all the ‘big stuff’ out of the way, and now I’d be shifting my focus to ‘fun stuff’ like cake tastings and song selection.

Above all else, these last six months should be savoured. Is there any ‘non married girl’ stuff still on your bucket list? Now is the time! 🙂

Post # 3
726 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

We have evrything booked, deposit paid for etc.

All that is left is all the details etc. Going to pick out invites soon and then do menu tasting/hair make up trials end of June and all the craziness to follow

Post # 5
363 posts
Helper bee

I can’t beleive we are at the 6 months mark! We’ve done a lot more stuff recently that makes it seem much more real now. Last week we registered for wedding gifts, which I have to admit was so much fun! On Sunday my wedding dress came in and I picked it up and also ordered my wedding shoes online, and also provided my MOH with the bridal shower guest list and addresses (it isn’t a surprise). On Monday we sent out our save the date magnets, and we have our menu tasting scheduled for Monday! 

The next things on our list: 

-Schedule cake tasting for this month or next month 

-Select and order wedding invitations (probably going with Vistaprint to save money) 

-Schedule my first dress fitting (thinking April or May since I am losing weight, already down 15 pounds but want to lose another 15-20 by the wedding!)

This summer I’ll schedule final run through meetings with our vendors, my hair and make-up trial, order the groomsmen attire, send the invitations, etc. I think I’m doing okay schedule-wise, but maybe I’m missing something! Looking forward to seeing other people’s responses to see if I am! I don’t feel too anxious about anything right now, but maybe things will change the closer we get to it. I can’t wait for our honeymoon in November to Jamaica and for the cake tasting! 

Post # 7
210 posts
Helper bee

Thankfully all the big things are done (dress bought, venue/cake/DJs/florist/hair booked, StDs/invites/RSVPs purchased).  

Now for the million little things!  We’re sending Save the Dates out next week, and want to have our registry mostly done by then.  March is all about booking the honeymoon, buying the suits/bridesmaids dresses, scheduling my fittings and hair/makeup trials.  And we *just* bought the materials to make my place cards, so I want to assemble the first part of those. 

Post # 8
2504 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2017 - Earth

Need to send save the dates, waiting on them to arrive in the mail. Everything else is taken care of except the groom/groomsmen attire and thats on FI who is a self aware procrastinator. He’ll figure it out. No anxiety. Can’t wait to enjoy the day with loved ones and then for the day to be over.

Post # 10
328 posts
Helper bee

Paying for everything!  The fun bit… sigh!

Deciding on the cake next month though – can’t wait for that 🙂  will be nice to taste what we have put a deposit on, lol!  

Post # 11
6 posts
Newbee

asobos :  

My wedding is super small, 25 guests, up north on my families beach with a Bbq reception so most things to do are farther out and it’s driving me crazy not being able to do much yet! I’m a planner with nothing to plan! 😂

-I’ve figured out everything I want so I can find the best pricing over the next 5/6 months

-bought a couple decorations: beautiful black metal cupcake stand, galvanized tins and tubs for accents and centerpieces and that’s It! Hobby Lobby coupons have saved me a ton!

I can’t wait to do more!

Post # 12
713 posts
Busy bee

Done: Venues, my dress is ordered but it’s custom and hasn’t been started yet. Wedding party asked (except 1 usher), dresses ordered for the women, wedding website, hotel blocks, gift registery, officiant (my good friend), photographer, engagment pics taken and gotten back, decided on food, baker and cake design, bouts made, STDs sent, DJ for reception, string trio for ceremony, music picked, everything for flower girls – dresses, flowers, baskets, rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, photo booth, a few of the yard games, trolley for wedding party, get away car, wedding rings purchased and in hand, my mom has her dress for the wedding and the rehearsal, I’ve started putting together wedding party gifts, know the pattern I’m using for flowers, invitations are designed, reception decorations, RSVP envelopes addressed, ceremony readings picked and ceremony written. 

Need to do: hair and make up, book our room, actually book and pay for food (we’re doing KC BBQ and they only need 2 weeks notice), final payment on my dress, make my flowers and the women’s flowers, shoes for WP and flower girls, suits for the men, aisle runner for ceremony, honeymoon, finish WP gifts, parent gifts, put invitations together and deliver them (I’m handing making all of them-little books), programs, seating cards, seating chart. 

Since I’m doing all the graphic design and literally hand making all the flowers (from books), RSVP cards (old library checkout cards), and invitations I’ve allowed myself as much time as possible to do all of it. Our STDs are taking MONTHS to get to people, so we’ve decided to hand deliver invitations. So that entire ordeal is giving me the most anxiety! 

Post # 13
110 posts
Blushing bee

Most of our stuff is done. Just need to order the stationery, find ties for the men, finalise music and finalise the ceremony. Dress fitting and veil shopping in May, 1st makeup and 2nd hair trial in June.

Can’t believe in 6 months time I’d of been married for a couple of days already!!

Post # 14
38 posts
Newbee

oops I still have everything to do including hire a florist, hair/makeup, and officiant; order the cake,  invites, and men’s suits; book the hotel; take engagement photos; my dress is ordered but hasn’t come in and we’re doing the food tasting next weekend. I’m stressed about everything honestly 

Post # 15
328 posts
Helper bee

6 months tomorrow! 🙂

We’re meeting our photographer and cake maker at the end of this month (both are outside of London so we have to travel to see them) I can’t wait to try some cake and choose our flavours!  We have a pretty good idea of what we want but it’s still going to be fun.

I’m half expecting our photographer to cancel last minute though, she’s lovely and a really good photographer… as such she is in demand and as a result is a bit flakey when she’s busy.

I bought my shoes and my headband this weekend (2nd pair of shoes, ore comfortable than the original) and I have just found where I’m going to order my veil (going to leave it another month ot two so there isn’t a chapel length veil hanging around in our tiny house for FI to stumble upon.)

I’m expecting my dress to come in sometime during June so I’m currently saving like crazy to pay that off (or at least I was until I bought ridiculously expensive shoes.)

I think we’re a little in no-man’s-land though, all the big stuff is sorted and we aren’t quite at the point of realising how many little things are involved.

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors